The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The 'make-up photo' Mm11

The 'make-up photo' Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The 'make-up photo' Mm11

The 'make-up photo' Regist10

The 'make-up photo'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 'make-up photo' Empty The 'make-up photo'

Post by worriedmum 10.12.13 22:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was looking through the photographs and memories (1) thread and I saw this posted by Rosa on August 9th 2011.

What video was this image part of?

Is the first one an exact (but flipped) image of the one which has become so familiar?

Does anyone else see an indentation  halfway down the neck-to me there is a difference in the colour of the skin above and below this line.

I have seen the documentary filmed at The McCanns' house and the walls do not look the same to me. Was it ever made public where this picture was taken?

The texture of the walls and the metallic -looking fixture remind me of more Mediterranean type buildings. Could the metal thing be something like the clothes airer in the photo of what was maybe the Payne's apartment? Or a lamp?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does any one else remember the reason given for the make-up? I seem to remember a 'visiting beautician ' story ?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

The 'make-up photo' Empty Re: The 'make-up photo'

Post by Guest 10.12.13 22:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think you'll find more information here, worried mum.

The "visiting beautician" story may be a forum myth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.12.13 23:01

The pics are mirrored,  in any case.

The blue chair may be a Burgau chair

Please note the ornament in the hair; remember KH explicitly mentioned taking a bead out of het child's hair at a given moment.

Such a bead was reportedly found on the floor of the apartment after the Mecs left it (please, if anyone can find where this is to be found?)

KH tells us this for a purpose: taking the bead out of her daughters hair. And, lo, presto, here is a bead!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.12.13 23:09

The child in the black and white picture looks ill at ease, see her left hand sport of pushing him away

The metallic thing could indeed be the lamp fixture strechted out a little more
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard 10.12.13 23:16

Can anyone post the pic of Kate and maddie with cuddlecat? There's a strange hand near Kate's ear. And I'm wondering what birthday she received this cat as an early present?
Briohazard
Briohazard

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 9:27

Is it even her? Looks like a much older child (even taking into account the strange circumstances) than any of the "last" photos.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Curious_Bystander 11.12.13 11:57

Portia wrote:The child in the black and white picture looks ill at ease, see her left hand sport of pushing him away

The metallic thing could indeed be the lamp fixture strechted out a little more

I am 99% sure that it is an extendable rack for laundry, as would be common in warmer climes...
Curious_Bystander

Activity : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 11.12.13 12:07

This photo makes me so sad. What on earth was going on in that little girl's life??? And why do the majority of photo's that we are allowed to see seem tampered in some way? Talk about perplexing.

By the way, I agree that this pic looks as though it could've been taken where they were staying.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 12:14

I still do find this photo appalling and wonder why this one, plus a couple of other "dubious" ones, was used for the viral one-minute-video a couple years ago ... But, what strikes me when looking at it again today, is the colour of her eyes. I know that colour plays tricks in photographs, but weren't supposed to be hazelnut/greenish IIRC? In the picture they dark grey, almost black ...  sad 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 13:28

I find this photo unsettling to look at.  Is Madeleine lying down?  She doesn't look happy to me.  Young children wearing necklaces is not a good idea either, in case of accidental strangling or choking on beads. 

Apologies for my ignorance but could someone tell me what IIRC means, please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 13:32

"IF I RECALL CORRECTLY".

As someone else said earlier, this one doesn't even look like Madeleine - please could someone put it side by side with say the tennis ball photo for comparison?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 11.12.13 13:38

Ladyinred - IIRC is an abbreviation for if I recall correctly  smilie 

This photo just isn't 'natural' and looks very 'posed'. I'm sure this has been covered already but it definitely is unsettling, especially when you see the dark eyes and no facial expression.

I know this is veering off topic slightly but sort of on the subject, has anyone else noticed that in the videos of her, the twins are always in the background and she's always being zoomed in on??? When I film my three, I tend to give them all an equal amount of footage (unless they're doing something in particular on their own) because, as a parent, you don't want your children to think you favour one of the other! Just something I picked up on.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 11.12.13 14:55

Portia,

‘In the evening her parents gave her a bath, took out her trendy hair bead and washed her hair. Then they tucked her up alongside Sean and Amelie before kissing them all goodnight’

Its from the Mail so it must be right!!! (although ‘her parents’ did not give her a bath)

This seems to be first mention of the hair bead (‘last’ photo - elastic?) on 25th May & was followed by internet questions as to why it was even mentioned and whether it was because the PJ had maybe found it in the room, but there does not seem to be any evidence to this effect.

The good old Mail also says the following regarding the make-up photo:

The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box – she has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow.
It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished.

Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 11.12.13 15:47

'A raid on the dressing up box' possibly, but not without the assistance of an individual who is experienced in the art of applying make-up.

I find the indentation on the right side of the neck somewhat worrying, especially as the corresponding place on the left side of the child's neck is obscured by hair.

As for location, I agree the metal object looks to be part of an extendable drying rack of the type that is commonly found in the Iberian penisula, but this in itself cannot be taken as proof as to where this photo was taken.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by GrizzleyBear 11.12.13 15:56

I questioned on another thread, whether some of these photos might be of Kate when she was a child...
GrizzleyBear

Activity : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 11.12.13 15:57

Thanks for the link Doug D.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is one of the top rated comments in reply to that article:

Kay, Alcudia. Majorca, 3 years ago

"It doesn't look as if she's 'having fun' to me in that picture."

508 Agreed

151 Disagreed

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 11.12.13 18:04

The make up photo for me is just one more compelling mystery in this case.
Madeleine's ears are way too low, the nick half way down her neck, the lifeless eyes. The photo as a whole just doesn't make sense yet I can't fathom out why the parents would put this picture out in the public domain knowing that it would be scrutinised.
Could it be that it wasn't actually the parents who released the make up photo?
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 18:11

Hicks wrote:The make up photo for me is just one more compelling mystery in this case.
Madeleine's ears are way too low, the nick half way down her neck, the lifeless eyes. The photo as a whole just doesn't make sense yet I can't fathom out why the parents would put this picture out in the public domain knowing that it would be scrutinised.
Could it be that it wasn't actually the parents who released the make up photo?
Now there's thought, Hicks.
IT was CEOP, who made the viral video. They might have had free hands to select which images to use.
I know that there are a lot of people, who don't believe in Jim Gamble. I do [so far], remembering the flurry of t.v. presentations then with him and the McCanns. Gerry was very uncomfortable at those [up to hyperventilating], camera movements were very interesting too. E.g. Gamble saying something knows and camera switching to Close-up of a gasping GM ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 11.12.13 18:13

But the Mail says it was, so it must be true!!!!!
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 19:20

Tangled Web wrote:Ladyinred - IIRC is an abbreviation for if I recall correctly  smilie 

This photo just isn't 'natural' and looks very 'posed'. I'm sure this has been covered already but it definitely is unsettling, especially when you see the dark eyes and no facial expression.

Sofia Murat has remarkably dark eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 19:33

CR, I've seen pictures of Murat's daughter. And despite the press flurry in 2007, I've never seen any likeness, apart from them being girls' blonde and approx.the same age. Which goes for many young girls, as Bridget O'Donnelll so remarkably described in her Guardian piece: " they were all beautiful, blonde and pink ..." in PdL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.12.13 19:38

Châtelaine wrote:CR, I've seen pictures of Murat's daughter. And despite the press flurry  in 2007, I've never seen any likeness, apart from them being girls' blonde and approx.the same age. Which goes for many young girls, as Bridget O'Donnelll so remarkably described in her Guardian piece: " they were all beautiful, blonde and pink ..." in PdL

I agree, there's little similarity between SM and MM. But then I think there's little similarity between MM and the "eyeshadow" photo. Especially since that photo would have to have been taken at least a couple of weeks prior to the pool photo - pool girl looks much younger. Eyeshadow girl, if I had to guess, I would put at age seven or so?

Apologies if you're eating at this time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.05.16 16:44

@ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

why the heck did the McCanns ever release it?

Maybe to continue putting pressure on someone, to extort?

Everytime the funds slow down, the Mccanns turn up the heat.

Not too much, they are above a fire too: being framed for murder.

Either way neither side  can come clean with the whole truth, just hint at parts of it(real or fabricated) which are enough to make the other side hopefully fall in line.

Perhaps this picture(considered inappropriate by most observers) is all too familiar to some parties. The basis on which the original agreement was made.

Remeber the Mccann Pr machinery feeding the press the notion she was abducted after being selected on the basis of pictures taken and send back for approval.

These 'releases' and theories tangentially touch upon the truth of the matter, enough to upset people in certain circles.

These ofcourse set off counter moves incriminating evidence against the parents...

They were having financial difficulties some suggest and they werent there to enjoy themselves said GM.

Perhaps the trip was put together by a friend to introduce them to new circles and consummate a deal. But disaster struck. Bringing in high level professional cleaners and fixers. The Mccanns given every possible support. Frantic telephones and urgent flights to Portugal. But then the body being removed without KM knowing leading to her exclamation: They have taken her! The Fund acting as a pay off.

The Mccanns suddenly finding themselves at the center of attention, money coming in,thinking themselves untouchable. Even given the chance to privately say goodbye to their daughter's cremated remains.
No body,no proof of any wrongdoing right? Gaspar statement notwithstanding...

But these people they are dealing with are not idiots: imagine the Mccanns shock when the dog results came in: an alternative fallback scenario is unfolding before their eyes. And now it is kinda like a Mexican standoff...

Just a theory and general impression, not real.
----------

Hope you don't mind my shifting your post over here as it primarily concerns the 'make-up' photograph.

Madeleine McCann May 2010 Appeal - video courtesy of Jon Corner private productions..

Watch through, it's less than two and a half minutes - what's your general opinion of that I ask?  Nothing too committal of course but to me it seems to be a very odd video to issue on the third anniversary of a missing child, especially when the parents put so much emphasis on their initial thoughts as to the fate of Madeleine.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Bluebunny dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 25.05.16 17:51

Verdi wrote:@ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

why the heck did the McCanns ever release it?

Maybe to continue putting pressure on someone, to extort?

Everytime the funds slow down, the Mccanns turn up the heat.

Not too much, they are above a fire too: being framed for murder.

Either way neither side  can come clean with the whole truth, just hint at parts of it(real or fabricated) which are enough to make the other side hopefully fall in line.

Perhaps this picture(considered inappropriate by most observers) is all too familiar to some parties. The basis on which the original agreement was made.

Remeber the Mccann Pr machinery feeding the press the notion she was abducted after being selected on the basis of pictures taken and send back for approval.

These 'releases' and theories tangentially touch upon the truth of the matter, enough to upset people in certain circles.

These ofcourse set off counter moves incriminating evidence against the parents...

They were having financial difficulties some suggest and they werent there to enjoy themselves said GM.

Perhaps the trip was put together by a friend to introduce them to new circles and consummate a deal. But disaster struck. Bringing in high level professional cleaners and fixers. The Mccanns given every possible support. Frantic telephones and urgent flights to Portugal. But then the body being removed without KM knowing leading to her exclamation: They have taken her! The Fund acting as a pay off.

The Mccanns suddenly finding themselves at the center of attention, money coming in,thinking themselves untouchable. Even given the chance to privately say goodbye to their daughter's cremated remains.
No body,no proof of any wrongdoing right? Gaspar statement notwithstanding...

But these people they are dealing with are not idiots: imagine the Mccanns shock when the dog results came in: an alternative fallback scenario is unfolding before their eyes. And now it is kinda like a Mexican standoff...

Just a theory and general impression, not real.
----------

Hope you don't mind my shifting your post over here as it primarily concerns the 'make-up' photograph.

Madeleine McCann May 2010 Appeal - video courtesy of Jon Corner private productions..

Watch through, it's less than two and a half minutes - what's your general opinion of that I ask?  Nothing too committal of course but to me it seems to be a very odd video to issue on the third anniversary of a missing child, especially when the parents put so much emphasis on their initial thoughts as to the fate of Madeleine.

I agree Verdi, very strange video indeed!
Roxyroo
Roxyroo

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by soedar 25.05.16 21:24

Verdi, Roxyroo

Could you eloborate your thoughts?  What do you find odd about the video.
soedar

Activity : 37

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top