The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report] - Page 2 Mm11

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report] - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report] - Page 2 Mm11

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report] - Page 2 Regist10

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report] - Page 2 Empty Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Mitologia 28.09.13 21:10

Superinjunction

I seem to remember this being the word of the day for a while in the British media...thankfully no longer, but that's definitely the blank. 

Myth.
Mitologia

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report] - Page 2 Empty Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Woofer 28.09.13 21:15

Mitologia wrote:Superinjunction

I seem to remember this being the word of the day for a while in the British media...thankfully no longer, but that's definitely the blank. 

Myth.
Yep  - explains a lot.

But a superinjunction wouldn`t prevent them giving a statement to the police.  But a superinjunction would probably prevent said statement from being made public.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 28.09.13 21:26

well spotted. Superinjunction far more likely than superintendent, in this context.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL 28.09.13 21:34

Woofer wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Truthandjustice wrote:
lj wrote:They have always wanted to know what is in the unpublished files, so the "file" slip of the tongue is understandable.

Why does not any one ask him who is paying for all those trips and stays?
There are unpublished files??
Yes, Truthandjustice. By Mr Amaral's admission, we "don't know it all"
Also in one of the recent witness testimonies (can`t remember who) he said that certain part of the files were not released because they were lists of paedophiles.  Maybe this is the list Gerry wants.
With grateful thanks to Anne Guedes and John from UK Justice Forum for the transcript:

Libel Trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 3 Witness No 2

The testimony as it happened...

(19.09.2013, 12:45 pm) João Melchior Gomes via video-conference.  He retired (November 2010) but has the title of Deputy Attorney General (AG) and is addressed as Procurador Geral Adjunto. He must nevertheless swear to tell the truth (but no bible and no gesture). He is the (only) person who effectively signed the AG Report.

– The judge asks him if he is aware of what the court is judging.
– MG responds that it is a trial against Gonçalo Amaral.

– The judge reminds him that there are three other defendants in the libel case and asks what MG's involvement in the investigation amounted to.
– MG says that in September 2007 he was charged with the task of supervising the work of the Procurador da Republica, José de Magalhães e Menezes. He was then in Evora as Deputy AG but also visited Portimão and Praia da Luz a number of times. He had two contacts with Gonçalo Amaral. The first was related to the intervention of the British cadaver dogs (Eddie and Keela) and the subsequent forensic analysis of samples. The second was through Guilhermino da Encarnação, the PJ Director in Faro, they had a meeting with the investigation team in Portimão. 

The judge asks whether his relationship with Gonçalo Amaral was personal or professional.
MG answers "only professional".

1) McCann family lawyer, Isabel Duarte, is the first to question the witness.

ID explains that the issue at stake is the effect which Goncalo Amaral's book had following its publication in July 2008. She asks whether MG is aware of any developments subsequent to the release of the AG Report which could have led to the reopening of the case. MG says no new element emerged which the Public Ministry was aware of. There was information received but it was found to be irrelevant to the case. That was the situation at least up until November 2010, when he retired.

ID asks if the AG Report reflects the results of the criminal investigation up to July 2008.
MG answers that the Report is based on evidence (elementos de prova) gathered by the PJ, GNR, etc. and also, by Leicestershire Police and others in the UK, He says that thousands of people were contacted.

ID – Was all the information made available to the public?
MG says "yes", except for documents relating to people investigated or convicted of sex crimes.

ID – Are the facts mentioned in his book (Amarals) and in the documentary part of the investigation?
MG says he didn't read the book nor did he watch the documentary.

A momentary silence envelops the court room. 
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitologia 28.09.13 21:44

Credit where credit's due, Praiaaa...

Just the messenger for somebody on HiDeHo's Facebook group. :)
Mitologia

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 28.09.13 21:46

Woofer wrote:
tigger wrote:
Woofer wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Truthandjustice wrote:
lj wrote:They have always wanted to know what is in the unpublished files, so the "file" slip of the tongue is understandable.

Also in one of the recent witness testimonies (can`t remember who) he said that certain part of the files were not released because they were lists of paedophiles.  Maybe this is the list Gerry wants.
I doubt it since he must know perfectly well there was no paedophile abduction.

But amongst the withheld files (over 20%) I believe, are some of the crèche sheets.
Yes, agree, but it would be useful for him to have the list, if only to pick a person to pin it on.
Yep, the one that's died and can't be reinterviewed.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceneset 28.09.13 22:18

That clip shocked me! 

IMO, something's really scaring Gerry.That's not his suppressed anger face or his disappointed face; that's his terrified/ completely lost and sweating with fear face. He seems to be completely floored and very, very, scared.

Isabelle frowns at him as though she thinks he's an complete idiot and wants him to shut up...

Gerry appears to be seriously bricking it...I wonder why?
Sceneset

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk 28.09.13 22:25

That's how I see it too, Sceneset.
FEAR!!
wjk
wjk

Activity : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.13 22:41

Sceneset wrote:That clip shocked me! 

IMO, something's really scaring Gerry.That's not his suppressed anger face or his disappointed face; that's his terrified/ completely lost and sweating with fear face. He seems to be completely floored and very, very, scared.

Isabelle frowns at him as though she thinks he's an complete idiot and wants him to shut up...

And that's exactly what she did, when she said "NOTHING" before he could reply to the question winkwink 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? 29.09.13 0:09

I am not sure if I have understood this correctly?

All of the libel proceeding's that the McCann's have brought to Court, have been based upon, (nothing more than), someone having a different opinion to their opinion,  and that difference of opinion, has, somehow, harmed the search for Madeleine?

That is ridiculous.

Go back and do a reconstruction Tapas9.Your refusal to do that, could have harmed the search for Madeleine much more, than the opinion's of people, who do not have the same values as yourselves'.

If you had done that, then some people, may have started to believe, that you really were telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. But only if you had started, by doing that.
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 29.09.13 2:46

gerry is extremely depressed and who wouldn't be? it is too much for both of them.
I wonder if Amarals witnesses will tell more than it is known till now.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.09.13 2:59

Reporter: Gerry, do you have new expectations about f - finding Maddie?

GM: I think, you know, that all the investigation enquiries are being directed to the Metropolitan Police at this time .....
It's now on Court's records that Michael Wright and other family members as well as supporters troll the internet.
Hello Kevin Hello Michael, can you ask Gerry why cant he answer a simple question with a straight answer.

Does he, as her dad, hope she will be found.
Avoiding answering the question to the point with this gibberish nonsense about Scotland Yard, that sounds disingenuous especially when he wants people to continue looking. Blaming people about harming the search is pointless when he himself poisons people against him by his less than candid answer.

The inference of the question is (with Scotland Yard on board) do you have new expectation about finding Madeleine?
What cant he give a congruent yes or no?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.09.13 3:08

Châtelaine wrote:
Sceneset wrote:That clip shocked me! 

And that's exactly what she did, when she said "NOTHING" before he could reply to the question winkwink 
He looked pissed off...jawlock a few times and thoroughly uneasy.....

ID also looked uncomfortable, not her usual confident fiesty self......

Body language of them both all wrong....not sign of confidence.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 29.09.13 4:40

it seems that a Portuguese journalist is expecting something to happen, in a few days.
did amaral tell him?
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Curioser 29.09.13 5:57

JackieL wrote:
sharonl wrote:Transcript

Gerry McCann in Lisbon 27 September 2013 - shown on ITV

GM = Gerry McCann

(British reporter) What is it you wanted to say to the judge in this…in these proceedings?

ID: (interrupts Gerry who smiles but is keeping his lips sealed)  Nothing (she swivels round and stares at Gerry and smiles, then turns round one way and then the other, then throws her hair back)

GM: Well…answer the questions…ask Martin

Eh?   What does ID mean with 'nothing'?  Unless ID doesn't understand English very well and didn't get the question I can't think what that reply's supposed to mean.
huh

ID is telling Gerry to shut up. Lawyers are always trying to get their clients to keep their mouth shut because like as not if they open their mouth they will insert a foot. 

Also, he's mumbling but he says, "I'll answer the questions that I'm asked, Martin." 

I think he looks relieved and tired. He's off the hook from having to be on the stand. 

I don't think he understands the Portuguese reporter's question so he just says something general. (fu**ing tosser)

The "er the file and er um" was definitely the slip I think. He pauses, thinks, ID lowers her head, and then he makes a facial expression of making a mistake, before going on. 

The files that are not there I think refer to conversations overheard on the night. There are a couple of people who were re-interviewed whose original interviews are not in the files. They mention conversations. One writer, I can't remember who, mentions that two missing files are from people that had apartments overlooking Murat's backyard so there could be something there. 

Also, there is talk of an Aztec rug found at a barn south-east of the town. Is that verified or is it a red herring? Does anyone know?

Activity : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.09.13 6:01

MRNOODLES wrote:
Woofer wrote:
tigger wrote:
Woofer wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Truthandjustice wrote:

I doubt it since he must know perfectly well there was no paedophile abduction.

But amongst the withheld files (over 20%) I believe, are some of the crèche sheets.
Yes, agree, but it would be useful for him to have the list, if only to pick a person to pin it on.
Yep, the one that's died and can't be reinterviewed.
I don't agree - TM have great faith in psychics, to the extend of passing almost exclusively psychic leads to the PJ as noted in -I think - Ribeiro's letter in the files.

So sessions with the right psychic (see also the Swansea connection) would get them in touch with any dead paedo they care to select.

@Woofer: Re the in-word. You may not speak or write this word, you may not even think it! But it would explain the thundering silence from e.g. the T7. winkwink 

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curioser 29.09.13 6:11

I just looked up super injunct*ons and they are extraordinary. You can't even mention that there is an injunction? Thank goodness for twitter and the wild internets.

So it's possible that they have taken out a super thingy to 'protect the privacy' of the twins and that means nobody can say anything about the case or the situation and can't even mention that there is a SI? That is an outrageous misuse of power.

Activity : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.09.13 8:46

From Curioser - "The "er the file and er um" was definitely the slip I think. He pauses, thinks, ID lowers her head, and then he makes a facial expression of making a mistake, before going on." 

Quite noticeable that ID lowered her head as GM said that.

In fact I get the feeling she is totally fed up with both of them. Her heart isn`t in it anymore, especially going on her performance in court recently. She must have extreme suspicions about their honesty.  IMO she is in a difficult position having such an arrogant bully as one client and a disillusioned actress as the other.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.09.13 8:51

Curioser wrote:I just looked up super injunct*ons and they are extraordinary. You can't even mention that there is an injunction? Thank goodness for twitter and the wild internets.

So it's possible that they have taken out a super thingy to 'protect the privacy' of the twins and that means nobody can say anything about the case or the situation and can't even mention that there is a SI? That is an outrageous misuse of power.
If there is a superthingey, doesn`t that mean that NO ONE can talk about the case at all, or is that a D Notice?

It would mean that the MSM couldn`t report ANYTHING, even pro stuff and there would be nothing in the press at all.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.09.13 9:00

Super-injunctions in English law refer to a type of injunction in English tort law that prevent publication of the thing that is in issue and also prevents the reporting of the fact that the injunction exists at all.[1] The term was coined by a Guardian journalist covering the Trafigura controversy. Due to their very nature media organisations are not able to report who has obtained a superinjunction without being in contempt of court.

A DA-Notice or Defence Advisory Notice (called a Defence Notice or D-Notice until 1993) is an official request to news editors not to publish or broadcast items on specified subjects for reasons of national security. The system is still in use in the United Kingdom.

So it seems if there is a superthingey the media would not be able to report anything ...... and they do.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.09.13 9:12

Woofer wrote:Super-injunctions in English law refer to a type of injunction in English tort law that prevent publication of the thing that is in issue and also prevents the reporting of the fact that the injunction exists at all.[1] The term was coined by a Guardian journalist covering the Trafigura controversy. Due to their very nature media organisations are not able to report who has obtained a superinjunction without being in contempt of court.

A DA-Notice or Defence Advisory Notice (called a Defence Notice or D-Notice until 1993) is an official request to news editors not to publish or broadcast items on specified subjects for reasons of national security. The system is still in use in the United Kingdom.

So it seems if there is a superthingey the media would not be able to report anything ...... and they do.
-and two guesses as to who represented Trafigura? Our very own CM, the man himself. Although by all accounts he made a pig's ear of it.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 9:55

Praiaaa wrote:well spotted. Superinjunction far more likely than superintendent, in this context.
Possibly, they called the Portuguese restrictions on discussing a criminal investigation a superinjunction amongst themselves.

At the time of the interview in question, had they already had instructions from their UK legal advisors? 
If so, one of those could have dropped the name while explaining the advantages of the Portuguese restrictions, available as a screen to hide behind when and if it suited them

With CM running amuck in public, as a paid 'friend of the family' simultaneously
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceneset 29.09.13 10:08

Maybe therefore a Superinj&@#¥*+n doesn't fit the reporting but a Suppression Order might...

gag order (also known as a gagging order or suppression order) is an order, typically a legal order by a or government, restricting information or comment from being made public, or in some cases, passed onto any unauthorized third party. The phrase may sometimes be used of a private order by an employer or other institution.
Gag orders may be used, for example, to keep legitimate trade secrets of a company, to protect the integrity of ongoing police or military operations, or to protect the privacy of victims or minors. Conversely, as their downside, they may be abused as a useful tool for those of financial means to intimidate witnesses and prevent release of information, using the legal system rather than other methods of intimidation. orders may potentially be abused in this way.
Sceneset

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.09.13 10:20

marconi wrote:gerry is extremely depressed and who wouldn't be? it is too much for both of them.
I wonder if Amarals witnesses will tell more than it is known till now.
I think that is why Mr. A. wanted a closed hearing.  

Mr. looked out of his depth with a few questions from the press last week.

I think it was Myth (the new poster here) who said that Mr. has POSSIBLY let slip about a superinjunction being in place.

Very difficult under cross exam.

If he does give evidence it will be before Mr. A's witnesses, then, thanks to Anne's wonderful reporting the" internet warriors" will have a field day IMO, going over every
word uttered.

Edited because posted before finished sentence.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.09.13 10:28

Some of the recent comments here might be better placed on the "What you can and cannot say" thread.

I`m partly to blame for going off topic, sorry.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top