The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Mm11

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Mm11

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Regist10

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Empty Re: WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts

Post by Guest 29.09.13 15:57

Anyone of you, who has been doing some knitting, will understand what I mean when I say:  it only takes one stitch to drop and the whole work will start unraveling ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Empty Re: WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts

Post by Guest 29.09.13 16:12

For want of a better place to put this: there's something strange about their purchase of the Rothley house. Since everything, IMO, seems to be circling around reputation and money, I think it might worthwhile to mention it here.

************ (deleted), Rothley did GBP 60,000 in March 2002 and was bought by the McCanns in January 2006 at GBP 459.950 ... [?]. Apparently with no other owners in between I've checked with other comparable properties in the same region, the prices some went nicely up in those years too, but none at the rate of GBP 100,000 per year ...

Lest we forget, GM's sister said they were "skint" and in 2007 they paid some mortgages from the "Fund", something which rightly arose criticism, also from the Fund's BoD.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.09.13 16:19

Portia wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Sadly, and I do mean that, I am beginning to enjoy this !
GM is now trapped.
I would guess that he will not be available to give evidence next week.

Purely a guess, but given what we have seen so far, no sensible lawyer would let him anywhere near.
Second that emotion!

friends

Didn't Mr. say last week on camera that if he is allowed then he will return to give evidence?

Barring accident/illness what reason can he now give if he doesn't show and I believe the judge would take a very dim view of a no show in view of the amount of publicity surrounding the request.

Truth and justice is what this is all about for Maddie, that's what Mr. & Mrs. said both of them on camera.

Rock and a hard place. You bet, that is of course if Mr. A. agrees.

IMO Mrs. should also be granted her request to attend and give evidence.

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.09.13 16:28

Casey5 wrote:Didn't Clarence Mitchell say the McCanns had the book translated for their lawyers to scrutinise? So much for them denying reading it.
--------------------------
25th July 2008 mccann files:-

[color:0746=000000]"The McCanns, both 40, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were formally cleared of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance on Monday, when prosecutors lifted their status as "arguidos", or formal suspects.

They say they will continue to believe their daughter is alive until given firm evidence to the contrary, and their lawyers are now scrutinising Mr Amaral's book.

Mr Mitchell said the McCanns' legal team would "take their time" to go through the text.

He refused to comment on Portuguese newspaper reports that the book is to be published in English and that its film rights have already been sold.

"We are not talking about Mr Amaral and his book. We are not giving him any oxygen of publicity," he said.

"All I will say is I hope he and his publishers, and the newspapers reporting his libellous allegations, are very brave because action will be taken if required at a time of our choosing."

It appears that he and his publishers were very brave.

This is what people dislike - "because action will be taken if required at a time of our choosing".

They had a bit of power for a while but they have been reduced to laughing stock imo. Nobody cares about them and the "times of their choosing". Let's see what he has to say at the end of this hearing. IF he says anything, he might decide to hop on a plane and start helping the stray dog movement in person if he finds he cannot spin anything. Pinky Mitchell - unable to spin. LUDICROUS. Mr Mrs 

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.09.13 16:30

There is a suggestion that some of the GA book was translated and put on line earlier than this, by Joana M.
Can anyone confirm that ?

That would then make their denial of reading it even more strange, and paying from the Fund to have it translated simply reckless.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.09.13 16:31

plebgate wrote:
Casey5 wrote:Didn't Clarence Mitchell say the McCanns had the book translated for their lawyers to scrutinise? So much for them denying reading it.

[color:281c=000000]"The McCanns, both 40, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were formally cleared of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance on Monday, when prosecutors lifted their status as "arguidos", or formal suspects.

They say they will continue to believe their daughter is alive until given firm evidence to the contrary, and their lawyers are now scrutinising Mr Amaral's book.

Mr Mitchell said the McCanns' legal team would "take their time" to go through the text.

He refused to comment on Portuguese newspaper reports that the book is to be published in English and that its film rights have already been sold.

"We are not talking about Mr Amaral and his book. We are not giving him any oxygen of publicity," he said.

"All I will say is I hope he and his publishers, and the newspapers reporting his libellous allegations, are very brave because action will be taken if required at a time of our choosing."

This is what people dislike - "because action will be taken if required at a time of our choosing".

They had a bit of power for a while but they have been reduced to laughing stock imo.   Nobody cares about them and the "times of their choosing".   Let's see what he has to say at the end of this hearing.  IF he says anything, he might decide to hop on a plane and start helping the stray dog movement in person if he finds he cannot spin anything.  Pinky Mitchell - unable to spin.   LUDICROUS.  Mr Mrs 

Well they did choose the time, they did choose the place but unfortunately they seem to have picked the wrong battle on the wrong battlefield.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.09.13 16:32

If they had it professionally translated there will no doubt be receipts.

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 29.09.13 16:40

Rufus T wrote:
Portia wrote:
GM is now trapped.
Purely a guess, but given what we have seen so far, no sensible lawyer would let him anywhere near.
Second that emotion!

friends
Me too, schadenfreude is not a nice thing, but I really am rather enjoying watching it all fall apart.
It's the opposite for me. I've always been concerned for the twins but the events of recent weeks with one inept witness after the other taking the stand, I really fear for those kids. Who is looking out for them with friends and relatives like those? I'm hoping their parents come to their senses and throw in the towel before the defence witnesses are heard as I fear the testimonies will be brutal sad 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.09.13 16:41

PeterMac wrote:

OH JOY. Clarence Mitchell has done for them.
Well done, thou good and trusty servant.
Since they'd the book translated and given to CR to go through with nit comb, nothing libelous was found then presumably, else why wait one year later to sue?

Paradoxically they said they won't give the book oxygen but as soon as the book was hot off the printer on the 24 July they rushed out to buy a copy for translation purpose.  
Note: CM's public statements on this was dated  25 July, so the papers must have been informed the day before.

That said, since Pinky also announced that the book is libelous and that his clients the Mccanns will sue Amaral (including the publisher and the TV Station ) at a time of their choice, why then did Wright lie under oath that he'd an exchange with Gerry about the book during family holiday where Gerry told him he'd no choice (but to sue).....

ID - What consequence did this have on the McCanns family life and in particular that relating to the twins?
MW Around the time of the negative e-mails and threats, which was when they tried to launch the campaign, we went away for the second anniversary with Kate and Gerry to a remote house in the countryside. Anniversaries and Christmases were never very good. But in 2009 it was horrible. When they arrived at the cottage, they heard through friends they had in Praia da Luz that the 10,000 posters they had distributed and put up in the Algarve had been ripped and torn. Their friends had called them on the phone to say it was awful and that there were some people who were saying that the child was dead.

The fact that people in Praia da Luz believed the conclusions of the book was terrible for them because they were already depressed. It was a time of great anger and sadness. During the week-end we talked about the effect of the book.

ID - What did they say?
MW That was the first time I ever heard Gerry say he couldn't manage going on any more. I never heard him speak that way before. It was an upsetting conversation.

ID - Why?
MW He and Kate are incredibly strong. They had been dealing with it all for two years. There had been the media backlash when they were made arguidos. But they always left the rest of the family and the helpers out of it. Now Gerry was saying that it was too much to carry on. It was a great shock for me. It was at the end of a night. The following day Gerry said he had no choice. I wondered how much more they could take.
So double joy, what CM and MW done for them.
Their Faithful Saves
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

WRIGHT'S FOLLY - Dr. Martin Roberts - Page 2 Empty What is the definition of The Search?

Post by Woofer 29.09.13 16:43

I`m glad Dr. Roberts has done some analysis of what exactly `the search` is .....

"............... and the damage done to the 'search' for Madeleine (whether defined as a brand or an activity is unclear)."

also ...

"The 'search' for Madeleine McCann has been considered a worldwide activity since her parents first stepped aboard that hired Learjet on their tour of Europe, and then 'did America'. If that nasty paperback edition of the Algarve Police Gazette (or the film of the book) had any meaningful effect upon its readers' searching intentions, that effect would have been restricted to Portugal, Brazil and one or two African communities. To maximize the return on their investment in proceedings, the McCanns need to be rewarded (compensated seems altogether inappropriate a term) for damage to their search elsewhere on planet earth. All English speaking zones should cover it, i.e., virtually everywhere else. Except everywhere else doesn't speak or read Portuguese necessarily".

So I will be interested to know exactly how the Lisbon Court will define `the search` as the only official search was done by the PJ and I cannot understand how any private search can supercede that.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.09.13 16:57

I interpreted this part of MW`s testimony as GM up to his neck in increasing suspicion and exclaiming that he`d had enough and he had no choice but to come clean about what actually happened.  As if he had been fighting for months to protect someone and it wasn`t working.

"
ID - What consequence did this have on the McCanns family life and in particular that relating to the twins?
MW Around the time of the negative e-mails and threats, which was when they tried to launch the campaign, we went away for the second anniversary with Kate and Gerry to a remote house in the countryside. Anniversaries and Christmases were never very good. But in 2009 it was horrible. When they arrived at the cottage, they heard through friends they had in Praia da Luz that the 10,000 posters they had distributed and put up in the Algarve had been ripped and torn. Their friends had called them on the phone to say it was awful and that there were some people who were saying that the child was dead.

The fact that people in Praia da Luz believed the conclusions of the book was terrible for them because they were already depressed. It was a time of great anger and sadness. During the week-end we talked about the effect of the book.

ID - What did they say?
MW That was the first time I ever heard Gerry say he couldn't manage going on any more. I never heard him speak that way before. It was an upsetting conversation.

ID - Why?
MW He and Kate are incredibly strong. They had been dealing with it all for two years. There had been the media backlash when they were made arguidos. But they always left the rest of the family and the helpers out of it. Now Gerry was saying that it was too much to carry on. It was a great shock for me. It was at the end of a night. The following day Gerry said he had no choice. I wondered how much more they could take.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.09.13 17:46

plebgate wrote:If they had it professionally translated there will no doubt be receipts.
I doubt it. They will have paid cash, from all those brown envelopes marked McCanns, Rothley, that Clarence told people to send.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 18:02

Châtelaine wrote:For want of a better place to put this: there's something strange about their purchase of the Rothley house. Since everything, IMO, seems to be circling around reputation and money, I think it might worthwhile to mention it here.

************ (deleted), Rothley did GBP 60,000 in March 2002 and was bought by the McCanns in January 2006 at GBP 459.950 ... [?]. Apparently with no other owners in between I've checked with other comparable properties in the same region, the prices some went nicely up in those years too, but none at the rate of GBP 100,000 per year ...

Lest we forget, GM's sister said they were "skint" and in 2007 they paid some mortgages from the "Fund", something which rightly arose criticism, also from the Fund's BoD.
Chatelaine, fie, fie, shame on you!

Surely you are not associating a whitewash with a money laundry, are you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 18:04

PeterMac wrote:There is a suggestion that some of the GA book was translated and put on line earlier than this, by Joana M.
Can anyone confirm that ?

That would then make their denial of reading it even more strange, and paying from the Fund to have it translated simply reckless.
And non-existent
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 18:07

aquila wrote:
plebgate wrote:

[color:89b0=000000]"The McCanns, both 40, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were formally cleared of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance on Monday, when prosecutors lifted their status as "arguidos", or formal suspects.

They had a bit of power for a while but they have been reduced to laughing stock imo.   Nobody cares about them and the "times of their choosing".   Let's see what he has to say at the end of this hearing.  IF he says anything, he might decide to hop on a plane and start helping the stray dog movement in person if he finds he cannot spin anything.  Pinky Mitchell - unable to spin.   LUDICROUS.  Mr Mrs 

Well they did choose the time, they did choose the place but unfortunately they seem to have picked the wrong battle on the wrong battlefield.
Capital!

Remember Spionkop?

Remember the Khyber Pass? : a zillion pounds of education, were wiped out by a cheap jezail?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 18:08

ShuBob wrote:
Rufus T wrote:
Portia wrote:
GM is now trapped.
Second that emotion!

friends
Me too, schadenfreude is not a nice thing, but I really am rather enjoying watching it all fall apart.
It's the opposite for me. I've always been concerned for the twins but the events of recent weeks with one inept witness after the other taking the stand, I really fear for those kids. Who is looking out for them with friends and relatives like those? I'm hoping their parents come to their senses and throw in the towel before the defence witnesses are heard as I fear the testimonies will be brutal sad 
No. They will be according to the truth
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 19:47

Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:For want of a better place to put this: there's something strange about their purchase of the Rothley house. Since everything, IMO, seems to be circling around reputation and money, I think it might worthwhile to mention it here.

Chatelaine, fie, fie, shame on you!

Surely you are not associating a whitewash with a money laundry, are you?
Who?
Me?
Eh ...
I didn't even mention some pictures, which make my stomach turn. Did I?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 29.09.13 20:49

Sorry Chatelaine., I don't understand. Are you saying that the McCanns current home was valued at only £60,000 in 2002??
Harriet94

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 22:21

Harriet94 wrote:Sorry Chatelaine., I don't understand. Are you saying that the McCanns current home was valued at only £60,000 in 2002??
Yes, according to this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detail.html?country=england&locationIdentifier=PARTIAL%5ELE7+7R&searchLocation=LE7+7R&referrer=noLocationPage&index=50
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 29.09.13 22:28

Thanks Chatelaine. That is a totally ridiculous valuation for a property of that type at that time. Who did that evaluation I wonder?
Harriet94

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 22:39

That surely must be an error if the place was sold for more than 450 grand less than four years later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 22:48

Nr. 1 was valued GBP 319,500 in 2002, sold for GBP 482,000
Nr. 2 was valued GBP 299,950 in 2002, not sold so far
Nr. 3 was valued GBP 244,950 in 2002, sold for GBP 325,000, then for GBP 470,000
Nr. 4 was valued GBP 291,500 in 2002, sold for GBP 335,000, then for GBP 410,000
Nr. 5 was valued GBP 60,000in 2002, sold for GBP 459,950
Nr. 6 was valued GBP 309,500 in 2002, not sold so far
Nr. 7 was valued GBP 325,250 in 2002, not sold so far.

All of these data seem in line [with good profit in sales - then]. Only Nr. 5 is falling out of line ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 29.09.13 22:57

So who "valued" the property? Estate Agent? Surveyor? Property developer?
Harriet94

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.09.13 22:58

Land Registry confirms it too.

http://houseprices.landregistry.gov.uk/price-paid-record/10880100/5+the+crescent+rothley+leicester+charnwood+Leicestershire

I wonder if it could have been just the site before the house was built.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 29.09.13 22:58

I have no idea why the couple will agree (if they did) for "Crib Note" Wright to claim in court he read or sent them a translation of Amaral's book in August 2008. Where they not concerned about the authenticity of the translation or their concern was only about how outraged they should be?
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top