The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 Mm11

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 Mm11

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 Regist10

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 Empty Re: LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.12 13:19

Hacked Off's petition.

Multiple/fake email addresses, bogus names (Bob Southgate, a member of this forum has a couple of classics), no way of authenticating signatures imo, a demonstration of 8 people and a dog according to the Daily Mail, electronic grafitti on the Houses of Parliament crowing about the number of signatures, Hacked Off's plea for donations on their website, the Labour Party endorsement...oh dear, another load of eyewash (that's not the word I wanted to write).

I wish the Daily Mail had a photograph of the eight people and the dog demonstration...come on DM you know you want to print it. LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 302873
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 Empty Re: LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.12 13:26

aquila wrote:I wish the Daily Mail had a photograph of the eight people and the dog demonstration...
The 'Leveson 9'?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.12.12 13:30

Tweet from hacked off.......

Hacked Off‏@hackinginquiry

Have you seen the projection of the Hacked Off petition onto Parliament yet? And have you signed the petition? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=498841870155942&set=a.468534323186697.107706.291299977576800&type=1&theater … #Leveson
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.12 13:32

Tony Bennett wrote:
aquila wrote:I wish the Daily Mail had a photograph of the eight people and the dog demonstration...
The 'Leveson 9'?

Brilliant!

how many pooper scoopers were needed?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.12.12 13:56

ShuBob wrote:
aquila wrote:SNIP

Evan Harris, associate director of Hacked Off, yesterday insisted campaigners were trying to weed out duplicate names. Around 5 per cent have been rejected for supplying fake emails.

Speaking at a Westminster demonstration attended by eight people and a dog yesterday, the former Liberal Democrat MP claimed the petition showed there was a huge groundswell of public opinion in favour of new laws to shackle the Press.

Dr Harris also insisted the campaign remained 'cross party' despite growing evidence of the involvement of the Labour Party.

A link to the petition is now the main item on the Labour Party website. Anyone signing up via that route will have their details recorded by the party.'

quoted from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242591/Cameron-plans-kill-Labours-Leveson-law-shelving-oppositions-green-paper.html

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 145161

That would be nice.

Do they discard the rest? Especially considering that unlimited voting access was given to foreigners from abroad and probably to people without any voting rights in the UK, no offense to the Scots, of course.

Maybe Labour, while they're at it, might want to check & dispense of these irregular outside votes as well?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.12.12 14:43

Portia wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
aquila wrote:SNIP

Evan Harris, associate director of Hacked Off, yesterday insisted campaigners were trying to weed out duplicate names. Around 5 per cent have been rejected for supplying fake emails.

Speaking at a Westminster demonstration attended by eight people and a dog yesterday, the former Liberal Democrat MP claimed the petition showed there was a huge groundswell of public opinion in favour of new laws to shackle the Press.

Dr Harris also insisted the campaign remained 'cross party' despite growing evidence of the involvement of the Labour Party.

A link to the petition is now the main item on the Labour Party website. Anyone signing up via that route will have their details recorded by the party.'

quoted from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242591/Cameron-plans-kill-Labours-Leveson-law-shelving-oppositions-green-paper.html

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 145161

That would be nice.

Do they discard the rest? Especially considering that unlimited voting access was given to foreigners from abroad and probably to people without any voting rights in the UK, no offense to the Scots, of course.

Maybe Labour, while they're at it, might want to check & dispense of these irregular outside votes as well?

Celebs, multi-millionaire celebs with a fan base across the globe, twitter and facebook accounts to promote themselves and who have privileged lives due largely to the media machine. Now can someone tell me these vociferous ones who live/work in La La (Los Angeles) land and the like haven't had signatures on the back of that? - signatures that have nothing whatsoever to do with this momentous campaign to change British constitution? A ten year old Harry Potter fan from anywhere can vote. A fan of Hugh Grant who believes his acting persona is actually him and finds him dishy can vote. It doesn't matter as long as the votes are harvested and projected onto the Houses of Parliament to show how the great UK people feel about this reform. The people want it and they want it now seems to be the demands of the spoilt celebs. Hacked Off (a not-for-profit COMPANY who plead for donations and tell us they also have anonymous benefactors) have, imo just used the likes of the Dowlers to prop up a campaign with a different agenda. I trust Hacked Off allows me my opinion whilst I believe I still have the right to one.

For anyone who wants to sign Hacked Off's petition, I'd urge them to read the whole of Hacked Off's website. For me it's bland, uninformative, self promoting and asks for money but doesn't say clearly to me where exactly that money is spent. It speaks jargon to the common person and as a common person I'm exactly the one Hacked Off wants to recruit to sign their petition.

I'm not a clever person when it comes to politics but I'm clever enough to know that this is just one huge sham.

Just to add, thousands of pages of Leveson's report. A few hours to read it. Hacked Off's campaign ready to rock and roll before any parliamentary debate.

I'm not apologising if people find me naive and lacking in intellectual capacity in these matters. That is precisely what Hacked Off are relying on.

Bullshit Baffles Brains.

I'm editing to add because I forgot. Gerry McCann has a Scotland Yard review of all the documents re his daughter's disappearance. This review has taken in excess of 30 dedicated police officers well over 12 months and has no time scale.

Gerry McCann gave evidence in the Leveson Inquiry and within 24 hours of its publication demands swift action to have ALL the recommendations implemented.

I have to ask myself why Gerry McCann demands some things to go quickly and other things endure.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 04.12.12 14:46

Absolutely agree with Tony's petition, and have signed it with conviction! LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE - Page 2 3711883763

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.12.12 7:08

The petition on the Prime Minister's website OPPOSING Leveson's plan to introduce state regulation of the press reached 1,000 signatures after just 36 hours.

During the same period, the petition on the PM's website, calling for full implementation of all the Leveson recommendations - the one backed by the McCanns, Hugh Grant, Steve Coogan, JK Rowling and other celebs - advanced by only 387 signatuures.

We need to maintain a healthy rate of signing in order to reach our initial goal of overtaking the other petition. Here's the link again:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582

Please add your signature if you've not already done so - and tell others about this petition - many thanks

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.13 20:14

My petition against the Leveson proposals to introduce state control of the press came to and end today - one year being the maximum time allowed for a petition.

By today it had reached 1,490 signatures.

It may seem a modest number, but it did reach the top 60 petitions on the PM's website.

My interest in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been dealt with very harshly by the British press. I am hoping that history might one day take a kinder view of my interest.

But despite that, I still support a free press without state control - one of the greatest assests we have.

Though it is not entirely free.

One person once boasted that he was the boss of a 40-strong unit whose job it was to 'control what comes out in the media'.

I wonder just how much control he had?

Anyway, many thanks to all of you who took two or three minutes of time and trouble to sign the petition, I appreciated it

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 04.12.13 20:28

Tony Bennett wrote:My petition against the Leveson proposals to introduce state control of the press came to and end today - one year being the maximum time allowed for a petition.

By today it had reached 1,490 signatures.

It may seem a modest number, but it did reach the top 60 petitions on the PM's website.

My interest in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been dealt with very harshly by the British press. I am hoping that history might one day take a kinder view of my interest.

But despite that, I still support a free press without state control - one of the greatest assests we have.

Though it is not entirely free.

One person once boasted that he was the boss of a 40-strong unit whose job it was to 'control what comes out in the media'.

I wonder just how much control he had?

Anyway, many thanks to all of you who took two or three minutes of time and trouble to sign the petition, I appreciated it
If you managed to get 1.4 million signatures nothing would change.....And Im not being demoralising
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top