The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Mm11

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Mm11

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Regist10

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted

Post by sharonl 15.01.12 20:58

WATCH THE VIDEOS, SIGN THE PETITION, READ AND DISTRIBUTE THE 50 FACTS LEAFLET

Can you please help to publicise the 50 FACTS video and leaflet, and also the petition for a full public enquiry into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?

THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Part 1 of the Madeleine McCann Research Group’s YouTube video of their ’50 FACTS’ leaflet has now been seen by over 5,000 viewers.

Along with another 3,000 who have viewed Parts 2, 3 and 4, that makes over 8,000 who have now viewed at least one of this 4-part series of videos so far.

But we need lots more people to view them and get acquainted with some of the main facts in the case.

Here are the links for the videos – please spread news of them far and wide:

YouTube - What happened to Madeleine McCann? 50 facts that the British media are not telling you

https://www.youtube.com/user/MMcCannresearchgroup?feature=watch

The Leaflet can be read here http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2011/03/50-facts-about-case-that-british-media.html and is discussed here https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2320-50-facts

For free copies of the leaflet for your own distribution please contact the Madeleine Foundation at themadeleinefoundation@gmail.com

If you are sceptical of the McCanns claim that Madeleine was abducted and would like to join in the discussion or the campaign for justice please visit https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum

THE PETITION

The petition calling for a full public enquiry into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has now reached 947 signatures.

We’d like to see the numbers top 1,000 as soon as possible.

Here are two links for it:

Again, can you please help to circulate information about of this petition and encourage as many others as possible to sign it?

www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk - click on the Care2 icon, or visit

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/289/petition-for-a-full-public-enquiry-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-with-the-power-to/

Thanks.

- The Committee of the Madeleine Foundation, January 2010
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty Re: Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.01.12 23:43

sharonl wrote:WATCH THE VIDEOS, SIGN THE PETITION, READ AND DISTRIBUTE THE 50 FACTS LEAFLET

Can you please help to publicise the 50 FACTS video and leaflet, and also the petition for a full public enquiry into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?

THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Part 1 of the Madeleine McCann Research Group’s YouTube video of their ’50 FACTS’ leaflet has now been seen by over 5,000 viewers.

Along with another 3,000 who have viewed Parts 2, 3 and 4, that makes over 8,000 who have now viewed at least one of this 4-part series of videos so far.

But we need lots more people to view them and get acquainted with some of the main facts in the case.

Here are the links for the videos – please spread news of them far and wide:

YouTube - What happened to Madeleine McCann? 50 facts that the British media are not telling you

https://www.youtube.com/user/MMcCannresearchgroup?feature=watch

The Leaflet can be read here http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2011/03/50-facts-about-case-that-british-media.html and is discussed here https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2320-50-facts

For free copies of the leaflet for your own distribution please contact the Madeleine Foundation at themadeleinefoundation@gmail.com

If you are sceptical of the McCanns claim that Madeleine was abducted and would like to join in the discussion or the campaign for justice please visit https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum

THE PETITION

The petition calling for a full public enquiry into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has now reached 947 signatures.

We’d like to see the numbers top 1,000 as soon as possible.

Here are two links for it:

Again, can you please help to circulate information about of this petition and encourage as many others as possible to sign it?

www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk - click on the Care2 icon, or visit

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/289/petition-for-a-full-public-enquiry-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-with-the-power-to/

Thanks.

- The Committee of the Madeleine Foundation, January 2010
sharonl, I thought the '50 things' leaflet had been banned? If not, I'd like as many copies as I can have to distribute please! I did mail Tony about this many months back... If you PM me I'll give you my e-mail, unless you still have it from my MF membership query?
I'm really serious about this - I want to feel I'm doing something. I'd letterbox as many places in my county as I possibly could, and put petition forms out...
Look forward to hearing back, thank you Wink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty 50 Facts leaflets

Post by womandotcom 16.01.12 6:54

Hi...I also thought this leaflet had been banned. I am more than happy to help by disributing these, so please PM me also for my address. At least I would then feel as though I'm contributing something Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted 3711883763

complicit in a scheme so duplicitous, so evil, so foul that Shakespeare
himself could not have written it.".........
womandotcom
womandotcom

Activity : 43

Back to top Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty 59 facts leaflet

Post by womandotcom 16.01.12 8:04

Sharoni..Thank you for the reply. I have emailed you but please let me know if there is a problem with it. I'm not best known for my computer skills Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted 110921 Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted 110921

womandotcom
womandotcom

Back to top Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty Re: Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted

Post by tigger 16.01.12 9:13

Same here Sharoni, as I live abroad, you could just PM me a PDF? via my email? Then I can print them out as I go along. I aim to target the expats here as well as other interested people. Will ask them to sign the petition as well via internet?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.12 9:41

It was the booklet "What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 60 reasons which suggest she was not abducted" which was banned. The 50 facts leaflet is not the same thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty 50 Facts leaflets

Post by womandotcom 16.01.12 11:12

Thank you for clarifying that Jean. Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted 110921

womandotcom
womandotcom

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 26.03.12 22:40

The petition now stands at 1003 signatures. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/289/petition-for-a-full-public-enquiry-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-with-the-power-to/

A re-opening of the case, if the investigation is successful, would result in Madeleine`s perpetrators being brought to justice.

If our theory was correct and Madeleine was not abducted, a lot of people who may have interfered with this case would escape responsibilty for their actions.

Private investigators
Witness to false sightings
British police officers
UK Gov officials
and many, many more

It is therefore important that we have a full public enquiry with the power to summon witnesses in this case.

Please support the petition in any way possible
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by turnaround 28.03.12 13:18

Ok Thanks for the link..., winkwink and now I can post these facts to all the neighborhood. When something is on the news of the mcanns, i will go round posting them...that will make them wonder and I will add Tonys case on yes

I wonder if I can get away with posting them around town? well I'll sure try
turnaround

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 25.04.12 15:48

The petition now stands at 1010 signatures

To support the case for a full public enquiry into Madeleine's disappearance please click on the following link, sign and share

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 05.06.12 11:34

The petition for a public enquiry re the Madeleine McCann case. Just a few words about this.

First, it now has 1,064 signatures, so thank you to all those who support the petition.

Why a public enquiry? Let me answer that by saying the word Leveson. Have any of you seen part of the Leveson hearings? Then just imagine, say, Dr Gerald McCann, Jane Tanner or Dr David Payne being cross-examined, Leveson-style. Indeed, imagine all the Tapas 9 being peppered with questions about their changes of story and all those contradictions. If you can picture that, you will undertand the case for a public enquiry.

It would be an akin to an inquest, which is a search for the truth, rather an apportionment of blame. An inquest asks when, where and how did a death occur.

An enquiry into all apects of Madeleine's disappearance would similarly ask: how, when and where did Madeleine go missing? But it would go much wider than that. It would examine government involvement. It would examine the Find Madeleine Fund, and much more.

No wonder none of the Tapas 9 support it.
MF plan to hand in the final tally of petition signatures at 10 Downing Street, renewing the demand we made for a public enquiry (also at 10 Downing Street) back in October 2010.
Would a public enquiry get to the truth quicker than D.C.I. Andy Redwood and his 37 colleagues?

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.09.12 22:10

The petition calling for a full public inquiry into Madeleine McCanns' disappearnce, with power to summon witnesses, has reached 1099 signatures and has now been submitted to Prime Minister David Cameron. Our covering letter will be published shortly.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Petition for a public enquiry into Madeleines disappearance submitted Empty Madeleine Foundation letter to David Cameron September 2012

Post by sharonl 15.09.12 11:35

The Madeleine Foundation
Asking the questions about what really happened to Madeleine McCann

Monday 3 September 2012

Mr David Cameron
Prime Minister
10 Downing Street
LONDON
SW1A 2AA

Dear Prime Minister

re: The need for a full public enquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann: Developments since we petitioned you in October 2010

On 2nd October 2010, the Madeleine Foundation hand-delivered to 10 Downing Street a petition calling for a full public enquiry, with the power to summon witnesses, into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. We also submitted a letter detailing our concerns and the concerns of thousands of others about the fate of Madeleine McCann and the involvement of British government figures at a senior level, explaining what we considered to be very good reasons to call for such an enquiry. A copy of that letter is enclosed.

On 1st November, you kindly replied to our letter, referring our letter to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

On 18th May 2011, we wrote to you once again, this time expressing our dismay at your decision to require the Metropolitan Police to set up a very expensive and time-consuming review of the evidence, at what appeared to be the express request of Drs Kate and Gerald McCann, who were for nearly a year prime suspects in the investigation into Madeleine’s mysterious disappearance. At the same time, we also made a number of requests under the Freedom of Information Act about the investigation being carried out by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood and made suggestions for a more efficient and cost-effective review of the McCann case. A copy of our 2nd letter is enclosed.

On 22nd July 2011 we wrote to you for the third time, repeating the requests made in our 2nd letter as we did not receive any reply to our previous letter. We also in that letter set out a number of developments in the situation since our previous letters. These included the facts that:

A. Some key officers amongst the top echelons of the Metropolitan Police Force had been forced to resign in relation to their conduct, which clearly embraced both serious failures to investigate crimes, and the existence of a cosy nexus with those who owned and ran News International. It is likely that an enquiry will find that their closeness to News International clouded their judgment. Just as we said in our earlier letter, that raises the question as to whether Scotland Yard is the correct police force to carry out a Review into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, assuming that it is right to continue with this Review at all.

B. Sir Paul Stephenson, Metropolitan Police Commissioner, was forced to resign. It was he, together with yourself, the Home Secretary and senior staff from News International who co-ordinated the ‘exclusive’ announcement by yourself of a Review, apparently on terms demanded by the McCanns, in the Sun newspaper on 12 May 2011, the very date Dr Kate McCann published her book, ‘madeleine’. Sir Paul Stephenson has since been heavily criticised by Members of the London Police Authority and by many others for having committed his force and £3.5 million of taxpayers’ money to this Review exercise, the purpose of which, according to a statement made on the record by your spokesman, was to ‘support the family’. That statement appeared to rule out from the very beginning any possibility that D.C.1. Redwood and his team would look at the considerable evidence that points away from Madeleine being abducted, as was noted in the Portuguese Attorney-General's final report on the case (July 2008) which archived the investigation under the twin headings' abduction' or 'hiding a cadaver'

C. Your own very close relationships with News Corp or ex-News Corp and News International owners and senior executives had been highlighted during the past three weeks (in July 2011). These included your family’s close personal relationships with Rebekah Brooks, and your 26 meetings with her and other senior NewsCorp figures in the first 15 months of your Premiership. It included discussions with Rupert Murdoch himself. However, the single most embarrassing feature of all these relationships for yourself, as Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition has made clear and the media agree, was your decision to appoint Andy Coulson, against clear advice from many senior figures, as your Director of Communications - and then invite him for a weekend at Chequers two months after he had resigned from your service, the second time he had resigned because of his association with the News of the World ’phone hacking scandal.

A copy of our third letter is enclosed for your review.

There have of course been a number of relevant further developments relating to this case in recent months, many of them flowing from the Leveson inquiry. Some of the most important developments are listed below:

1. It is now publicly known that Rebekah Brooks of News International put pressure on both yourself and Home Secretary Theresa May to set up this review. Many believe that it is true that, as at least two sources have claimed, she ‘threatened to put both yourself and Theresa May on the front pages of the news, for a week, if you did not comply. Ms Brooks, asked by Lord Leveson if she admitted threatening you, replied with a smile that she would use the word ‘persuaded’
2. Rebekah Brooks has since been arrested and charged with perjury following the phone hacking scandal.
3. The cost of the review of the Madeleine McCann case has allegedly altered from £3.5 million to ‘an open cheque book’
4. Officers from the Metropolitan Police were photographed taking files from the McCanns’ former detectives, Metodo 3, in Barcelona. We would make these observations on any material that the Scotland Yard Review might have obtained from Metodo 3:
a. Metodo 3 had a controversial history, including several of its leading members being arrested in handcuffs as part of an investigation into a telephone-tapping scandal linked to prominent political and business leaders
b. Metodo 3 had no track record whatsoever of finding missing persons or children
c. Several British journalists who investigated Metodo 3 filed reports pouring scorn on the competence of the agency
d. In the run-up to Christmas 2007, their boss, Francisco Marco, made dramatic claims that his men ‘knew where Madeleine was’, that ‘they were closing in on Madeleine’s kidnappers, and that ‘Madeleine will be home by Christmas’. These were subsequently shown to be utter fabrications
e. Metodo 3’s lead investigator who headed up the Madeleine McCann investigation, and who actively pursued alleged ‘sightings’ of Madeleine in Morocco and Portugal, Antonio Giminez Raso, was closely involved with Mr Brian Kennedy, the benefactor and director of the entire McCann Team’s private investigation operation. This included the two men jointly meeting with senior Portuguese Police investigators in Portimao on 13 November 2007. Yet when Giminez Raso was arrested on 18 February 2008, the McCanns’ chief public relations spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, falsely claimed that Giminez Raso ‘was nothing to do with us’. Giminez Raso was accused of the theft of cocaine worth £25 million from a ship in Barcelona harbour and corruption in public office (he was a police officer who resigned at the time of the theft). He was alleged to be a member of a 27-strong and violent criminal gang. Although recently found not guilty, as the charges against him could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt, he nevertheless spent four years in prison, the evidence against him being strong
f. Whilst in Morocco, Giminez Raso was accused of paying witnesses in advance to say that they had seen Madeleine, and then introducing them to journalists
g. In February 2009, Metodo 3 were under investigation in a case of embezzlement and money laundering.
5. Despite your stated wish ‘to support the family’, the presumption being that Madeleine had indeed been abducted as the McCanns claimed, on 19th July 2011, Scotland Yard agreed to accept evidence to contrary.
6. In August and October 2011, The Madeleine Foundation delivered two dossiers of well-researched, credible evidence to the Review Team, all of which backed up the findings of the initial team of Portuguese investigators, as clearly set out in the interim report of Inspector Tavares de Almeida, dated 10 September 2007 and in Dr Goncalo Amaral's book: 'The Truth About A Lie'."?

7. Despite her being made a suspect in the disappearance of their daughter, Dr Kate McCann became an ‘Ambassador’ for the ‘Missing People’ charity. Many raised question marks about the example set by an ‘Ambassador’ for missing children who refused to answer 48 questions put to her by the Portuguese Police. Many thought that an honest mother whose child had gone missing and who was anxious for her safe return would have been only too glad to give as much help as possible to the police.
8. It would appear from statements made by D.C.I. Redwood in May that, after 12 months and spending over £2 million, his Scotland Yard Review Team had only read and considered 25% of the documentary evidence and were no closer to finding out what happened to Madeleine. D.C.I. Redwood said his men might need ‘another three years’ before concluding their work, and even then might be no nearer to solving the crime. He further claimed that he had unearthed 195 lines of enquiry to pursue. Despite this, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, recently publicly questioned the cost of the Review, in effect suggesting it be closed down despite D.C.I. Redwood’s claims that he needed three more years and had 195 further leads to follow up.

We have now closed our petition, having gained 1,099 signatures in favour. Many of those signatories expressed their support for our petition in very strong terms.

To summarise our points made above, it would appear that you have sanctioned the use of £3.5m of taxpayers’ money to carry out a Review of a case of one missing child, when according to the ‘Missing People’ charity and their Ambassador, Dr Kate McCann, tens of thousands of children go missing each year.

The reason for your agreement to this review is allegedly that you were pressured into this by Rebekah Brooks of News International, a leading news company who have profited from printing many stories about Madeleine. Some of these stories, particularly in The Sun, were appallingly inaccurate, whilst others, such as articles headlined: ‘Maddie in U.S.’, or ‘Maddie in Dubai’ etc., were groundless.

As we stated above, your spokesman on 12 May this year commented that the purpose of the Scotland Yard Review was to ‘support the family’. However, the funding for this review has come from public funds. This is on top of the millions of pounds that the general public and other organisations have kindly donated to the McCanns’ own ‘Find Madeleine Fund’. The taxpayer has a right to expect that any police review would be, in the words of the police officer’s oath to Her Majesty the Queen, to be ‘without fear or favour’, to be in the public interest, and to be a no-holds-barred search for the truth, not a review purely in the interest of the family of one missing child.

Furthermore, there is a perception that if indeed Rebekah Brooks put pressure on you to order the Review, as is now effectively conceded by all, then this Review may be seen by many to have been initiated in your interest, as well as that of the McCanns.

In the light of all the above, we most respectfully request that you urgently review this entire situation. We would again very respectfully suggest to you and your police and other advisers that this very expensive, slow-moving and inefficient review be brought to an end. It does not seem to be in the public interest, nor is it getting us any closer to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

We first made out the case for a public enquiry over three years ago. We set up our online petition two years ago. We suggest that the case for a full public inquiry into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, with the power to summon witnesses, is now stronger than it ever was. Rather like an inquest, such a public enquiry would allow all the relevant witnesses to be heard in public and their evidence tested by cross-examination. Such an enquiry would have all the benefits of a review with the added benefit of public confidence in the transparency of such an exercise.

Finally, we refer you once again to our letter of 2nd October 2nd 2010 where we set out detailed reasons for the need for a full public enquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance. A copy of our petition is also attached.

Yours sincerely

For the committee of The Madeleine Foundation

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top