The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Mm11

The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Mm11

The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Regist10

The McCanns Mark 1000 Days

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Empty Re: The McCanns Mark 1000 Days

Post by Autumn 19.01.10 17:44

Could you be more specific please?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.01.10 17:57

'Rothleys very own Hindley and Brady'

You happy with that?

do you not think thats a tad libellous?
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 19.01.10 18:02

Autumn wrote:
Autumn wrote:
vaguely1 wrote:I'm sure those charities will benefit greatly. This is good news.

Well, imo, it isn't good news that these charities feel the need to align themselves to Rothley's very own ...................... in order to raise money.

As you can see, I have edited my post.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.01.10 18:09

and you think thats better do you?

jesus wept.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 19.01.10 18:30

Autumn wrote:
vaguely1 wrote:I'm sure those charities will benefit greatly. This is good news.

Well, imo, it isn't good news that these charities feel the need to align themselves to Rothley's very own KING AND QUEEN in order to raise money.

With hindsight, I can see how my comments may have upset others and apologise for any offence caused. As stated in an earlier post, I was commenting on the McCanns' public image NOT their actions.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by nemesis/muratfan 19.01.10 18:36

Still some no
nemesis/muratfan
nemesis/muratfan

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 19.01.10 18:42

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that this event is a PR exercise for the McCanns. I expect they think that Hob nobbing with the rich and famous will boost their flagging popularity. I note that there will be an auction at this 'do' - any suggestions as to what they might put up for auction 🇪🇭
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle 19.01.10 22:52

Autumn wrote:
Autumn wrote:

Well, imo, it isn't good news that these charities feel the need to align themselves to Rothley's very own KING AND QUEEN in order to raise money.

With hindsight, I can see how my comments may have upset others and apologise for any offence caused. As stated in an earlier post, I was commenting on the McCanns' public image NOT their actions.

Thankyou for that.
twinkle
twinkle

Activity : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 19.01.10 22:56

Autumn wrote:The more I think about it the more convinced I am that this event is a PR exercise for the McCanns. I expect they think that Hob nobbing with the rich and famous will boost their flagging popularity. I note that there will be an auction at this 'do' - any suggestions as to what they might put up for auction 🇪🇭

Their house hopefully. Clearly they can't afford the mortgage payments without public assistance.
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 22.01.10 11:13

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Celebrities-backing-event-mark-1-000th-day-Madeleine-disappeared/article-1745926-detail/article.html

From the article in the Leicester Mercury

'The McCanns, from Rothley, are currently embroiled in legal action against former detective Goncalo Amaral in an attempt to ban his book Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie, which claims their daughter is dead.
Mr Amaral was the first head of the Portuguese police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.
However, he was later taken off the case.'

Nice bit of publicity for Snr Amaral's book.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 23.01.10 0:37

twinkle wrote:The comparison between the McCanns and the moors murderers is quite hard to stomach for me.
To hold this view would mean that you think the McCanns planned in advance to kill their own daughter.

The fact is that no-one knows. Some parents do plan to kill their children and until there is definitive proof that the Mccanns are innocent (in a court of Law) then this is a possibility. Why the Mccanns should be exempt from speculation as if they are higher beings is a mystery. They are liars and that's a fact. They have a mercenary attitude towards their child which has been evident. Why should we have to believe they are incapable of a much worse crime than already considered? They are no different from any other parents whos child has disappeared in suspicious circumstances. Anything is possible.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 26.01.10 21:00

The Formby Times - Susan Healy

TOMORROW will be another landmark day in the search for Madeleine McCann – another chance to raise awareness and keep the missing girl in people’s thoughts.

It will be 1,000 days since the then three-year-old – she will now be six – disappeared while on holiday in Portugal with her parents, Kate and Gerry, and her brother and sister, twins Sean and Amelie.

Millions of words have been written and so much seems to have happened since May 3, 2007 – but, in essence, nothing has happened and nothing has changed.

Madeleine McCann went missing on that date – and she’s still missing.

To mark that cold, cruel fact, 1,000 lanterns will be released at locations across the UK by friends, family and supporters of the McCanns at 7.30pm tomorrow.

Among the locations will be Rothley in Leicestershire, where Kate and Gerry live, and, here in Merseyside, Formby Football Club on Altcar Road, Formby, where 250 lanterns will light up the Merseyside sky.

A club official says the gates will be open by 7pm and parking will be available at and around the ground.

Kate’s mum and dad, Susan and Brian Healy, live in Allerton, and Susan reveals: “We were going to use Mossley Hill Athletics Club, but are not able to because lanterns can be a problem if they are released close to the airport.

“The nearest alternatives were Formby and St Helens and Kate has also got friends in Formby so we decided to do it there.”

While Kate and Gerry will be hosting a dinner in London tomorrow evening to raise funds for the ongoing search for their daughter, Susan and Brian will be in Formby – although those Merseysiders unable to get there are being invited to show their support and solidarity in their own homes.

“The message is for people not to give up on Madeleine,” says Susan.

“It’s sad that it’s a school day and that many children from this area won’t be able to get to Formby, but people can mark the 1,000 days in other ways.

“They don’t need lanterns – they can simply think about Madeleine and have a quiet time of reflection in their own homes.

“Kate will be at her fundraising night in London – God love her, she’s worked so hard on that – but there will also be a lantern release in Rothley.”

While many people around the world will still have a fixed image of Madeleine in their minds – taken before she went missing – we are reminded of the onward march of time by the fact that Kate and Gerry’s twins, Sean and Amelie, will be five on February 1, while Madeleine herself will be seven on May 12.

As we have said before in the ECHO, the future tense is important because, despite the time that has passed, there is no proof the past tense is needed.

Madeleine’s name continues to be mentioned each and every week during the “children’s service” which takes place at 10am on Sundays at Our Lady of the Annunciation, Bishop Eton, in Woolton Road, Childwall.

Meanwhile, on their website, findmadeleine.com, under the heading “Why do we continue?”, Kate and Gerry stress:

“There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.

How proud you must be of your daughter, Mrs Healy :puke:

Poor Madeleine - her family, the very people whom she should have been able to trust to care for her, have let her down so badly.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 27.01.10 0:57

roll
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by simplyme 27.01.10 13:10

If it was me I would feel so bad asking for more money living in the house they do - mortgage or not!
simplyme

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 27.01.10 13:19

simplyme wrote:If it was me I would feel so bad asking for more money living in the house they do - mortgage or not!

It's hardly a mansion The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Icon_eek

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 27.01.10 13:25

This event is in extremely bad taste, it is not normal to celebrate the thousanth day your child has spent with a paedophile no matter how well she is being treated. If the McCanns think that this is going to endear them to the public they are very much mistaken - bad move.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 27.01.10 14:44

I agree, it is a bad move. But I don't see it promoted as a 'celebration'.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 27.01.10 14:50

Celebration, Big Celeb Party Bash, Star-Studded Event - whichever words you choose to descibe this sick party, it is in very bad taste.

Will they mention the many children who died in Haiti and release some lanterns in their memory?
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by simplyme 27.01.10 14:52

vaguely1 wrote:
simplyme wrote:If it was me I would feel so bad asking for more money living in the house they do - mortgage or not!

It's hardly a mansion The McCanns Mark 1000 Days - Page 4 Icon_eek

True - although it would surely top up the fund to allow them to "search" instead of begging the public and their rich friends. What exactly have they done to help find Madeleine? They have not answered questions, have not attended a reconstruction and have not physically searched..........
simplyme

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 27.01.10 14:58

Autumn wrote:Celebration, Big Celeb Party Bash, Star-Studded Event - whichever words you choose to descibe this sick party, it is in very bad taste.

Will they mention the many children who died in Haiti and release some lanterns in their memory?

Would it upset you if they don't?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 27.01.10 15:18

Ok correct me if I'm wrong - who apart from the press have called this event a 'celebration' ?

If the McCanns have then, I'll agree, it is sick. But have they?

Who are the 'stars' that make it a 'star studded event' anyway.?

Getting angry over this won't help anyone.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 27.01.10 15:23

Leicester Mercury - 27th Jan 2010

McCanns to mark 1,000th day that Madeleine has been missing
Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 09:30
One thousand paper lanterns will tonight be released into the sky across the world to mark the number of days Madeleine McCann has been missing.

Supporters of her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, will launch the glowing lanterns at Rothley Court Hotel, in the family's home village, at 7.30pm.

Similar events will take place at the same time in Praia De Luz in Portugal, from where the youngster disappeared in 2007, in Kate McCann's home city of Liverpool and in America.

In a poignant statement to mark the anniversary, the couple said: "Today marks 1,000 days since Madeleine was taken from us. It's hard to even say the number.

"We remember the first few days after Madeleine was taken, watching the clock and counting every hour. Now we've reached 1,000 days.

"It's difficult sometimes to understand how we've been able to keep going and survive without Madeleine, especially since nothing has changed since that terrifying first night.

"Madeleine is still missing. Sometimes it even feels wrong to be coping. And yet if we weren't, there would be no search and no campaign to find Madeleine and that just doesn't bear thinking about.''

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment on May 3, 2007, while her parents dined with friends nearby.

The McCanns, both 41, will tonight attend an event in London, along with number of celebrity backers, which aims to raise money to pay for the family's continuing investigations into Madeleine's disappearance. It will also raise money for two other causes.

Nearly £2m was raised for Madeleine's Fund in the first 10 months after she went missing.

There is now about £500,000 left. The fund is paying a team of retired detectives to continue the investigation.

Mr Mitchell said the family would speak to a number of their wealthy backers to keep the search going, if the fund dried up.

The former detectives are currently following up calls and checking through the original police files.

About 180 guests are expected to attend the McCanns' £150-a-head dinner, raffle and auction at Kensington Roof Gardens tonight. It is understood those invited include Sir Richard Branson, JK Rowling and the couple's millionaire backer Brian Kennedy.

Half the money raised will go to the McCanns' fund to find Madeleine. The other half will be split between the charities Missing People and Missing Children Europe.

'Mr Mitchell said the family would speak to a number of their wealthy backers to keep the fund going, incase it dried up' - says it all really

😢
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 27.01.10 15:28

vaguely1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:Celebration, Big Celeb Party Bash, Star-Studded Event - whichever words you choose to descibe this sick party, it is in very bad taste.

Would it upset you if they don't?

As I do not believe the McCanns have given a second's thought to the many children who died in the Holocaust or Haiti, I have no expectations that they will save any of their lanterns to release on behalf of them.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 27.01.10 18:52

Hi
£500,000 is still a nice bit of money. Surely, that would pay reasonable wages for two retired detectives and other bits and bobs for quite some time to come?

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 27.01.10 21:20

Anyone with high blood pressure look away now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246595/Kate-Gerry-McCann-host-star-studded-fundraiser-mark-1-000th-day-daughter-Maddie-went-missing.html

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top