The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Regist10

Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by Verdi 15.10.21 0:53

Vera Krista wrote:I'm not sure whether to buy the ebook or wait for the Eng translation? I'm curious as well.

If you don't understand the Portuguese language the obvious answer is to wait for an English translation.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm totally reliant upon Paulo Alexandre and xklamation for commentary - that's good enough for me until an English translation is available.

winkwink

I've waited a long time for this, another few weeks won't make too much difference.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Ladyinred and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by PeterMac 15.10.21 6:52

Thanks for all that.
I have the Wook reader and the whole book on my ipad, so I can read it, but not process it except by re-typing.
I want it in Kindle format on my iMac to copy and paste
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.21 7:20

Buying a Portuguese version will put money in the coffers to enable GA to fund the English translation.

Every little helps   yes

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41874

Shellsbells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Empty posts moved

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.21 7:24

Maybe even the kindle version won't allow copy and paste....just so people don't copy and paste and plagiarise his work.

Someone already stole AnnaEsse's translation, turned it into a book, and sold it on Amazon.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.21 7:47

xklamation wrote:Peter is mentioned on chapter 22, as well as his research and a group of researchers, chiefly of British origin :)
Here the last photo analysis is presented, as well as the document that was sent to the Portuguese PGR, plus what is behind the 29 of April date.

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Thumbn19

But she doesn't think it's far fetched to call Jon Clarke a researcher even though pretty much everything he's ever written has been disproved - even his wife and children's names, and the mailbox outside his cowshed  laugh

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Shellsbells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 15.10.21 8:46

Jill Havern wrote:
xklamation wrote:Peter is mentioned on chapter 22, as well as his research and a group of researchers, chiefly of British origin :)
Here the last photo analysis is presented, as well as the document that was sent to the Portuguese PGR, plus what is behind the 29 of April date.

But she doesn't think it's far fetched to call Jon Clarke a researcher even though pretty much everything he's ever written has been disproved - even his wife and children's names, and the mailbox outside his cowshed  laugh

Thanks Pamela , you've just successfully promoted this forum and Peter Mac !   🤗

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 15.10.21 10:15

sandancer wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:

Thanks Pamela , you've just successfully promoted this forum and Peter Mac !   🤗

I didn't know she can speak Portuguese ?She hangs out here in the forum to get info and feed her army. 
Too bad she didn't get her karma yet.
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Activity : 578

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 15.10.21 10:19

Verdi wrote:
Vera Krista wrote:I'm not sure whether to buy the ebook or wait for the Eng translation? I'm curious as well.

If you don't understand the Portuguese language the obvious answer is to wait for an English translation.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm totally reliant upon Paulo Alexandre and xklamation for commentary - that's good enough for me until an English translation is available.

winkwink

I've waited a long time for this, another few weeks won't make too much difference.
No I don't speak the language.But I am used to reading non English books with using translator. I'll wait for the English version.
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.21 12:44

The German Public Prosecutor's Office promises to complete its work soon. In the book it is clear that you consider that investigation to have no credibility.

Nothing was found to link the individual to Madeleine McCann. Nothing. Neither in the material that was found in the searches carried out in Germany, whether in objects, machines, photographs, computers, digital stuff and what's more, nor in what was apprehended by the Portuguese police inside the apartment from where the child disappeared.

They can't get the individual inside that apartment. So what do they do? They do what suits them. He raped an elderly American woman in Praia da Luz, he will have abused an Irish woman, and so on, he has several cases.

Okay, he may have done all that, but where are the clues that link him to Madeleine McCann? And then they will answer that there is a witness, who for them is an unmotivated and credible witness, who gave a spontaneous testimony regarding what happened. And everything revolves around this witness.

Amen !!!

Isn't that precisely what a few astute observers here on CMOMM having been saying for the past 16 months?

Remember folks, you saw it here first yes .

This is very much a political concern and it's going to get very ugly as time progresses - Madeleine McCann is being used as a bargaining tool.

I'm given to wondering if the EU is entangled in the web of deceit, the major member participants are fast losing their stronghold, in particular I refer to Germany and France.

What are politics but a global game of chess - or Russian roulette for the more adventurous.

Clan McCann could have had no idea the monster they were creating back in May 2007.  If they're not living a private hell now I should be astonished.

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Scre1928

Never a truer word spoken.

ex moderator
ex moderator

xklamation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 15.10.21 12:48

Correct me if I'm wrong but calpol is neither an antihistamine no r a sedative, as Goncalo Amaral claims.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 15.10.21 12:51

Ladyinred wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but calpol is neither an antihistamine no r a sedative, as Goncalo Amaral claims.

Google is very helpful :)

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 Screen10

"In 2007 Johnson & Johnson introduced a new product: Calpol Night, for children aged two years and up, with added antihistamine, to explicitly aid sleep. But in 2009 the MHRA ruled that 36 different medicines, including Calpol Night, should no longer be given to children under six: research had shown them to be of limited use in younger children, and linked them to side effects such as disturbed sleep and hallucinations. Even though Johnson & Johnson could have continued to market it for older children, Calpol Night was quietly withdrawn in 2010."
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jun/04/why-parents-are-addicted-to-calpol
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Activity : 190

Silverspeed, KMC, Ladyinred and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.21 13:51

I have moved general posts, in particular about purchasing Gonçalo's, book over here from Paulo's thread.

He will turn very ugly if his thread is taken off topic.

thumbup

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 15.10.21 14:19

That's a good idea Verdi, do you think you can add the video translation that is ongoing to a new single thread? https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17184p25-goncalo-amaral-new-book-general-discussion#443472 Otherwise it will get lost in the discussion. And it's tiresome to have to keep scrolling. Thank you.  Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 4 2764

And can you delete this post from the book analysis thread then please https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17193-maddie-enough-of-the-lies-book-overview-and-discussion#443855 :)
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Activity : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 15.10.21 14:24

I don't think you could buy Calpol night until September 07, so unless the McCann's were using their kids as guinea pigs for Johnson & Johnson and the PJ actually found a bottle of it, it's a non starter.

Funny that G Amaral mentioned Calpol containing antihistamine though.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5576

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 15.10.21 15:54

crusader wrote:I don't think you could buy Calpol night until September 07, so unless the McCann's were using their kids as guinea pigs for Johnson & Johnson and the PJ actually found a bottle of it, it's a non starter.

Funny that G Amaral mentioned Calpol containing antihistamine though.

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought at the time you could find Calpol Night in the UK but not in Portugal? So if they were using Calpol Night, they brought it with them on holiday.
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 15.10.21 15:57

I'll see if I can find any info.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 15.10.21 16:08

crusader wrote:I'll see if I can find any info.
Found it on Joana Moarais's blog From the wikipedia on Calpol : Calpol is a brand of children's medicine sold in the UK, Ireland, India and Cyprus. The main product is a paracetamol suspension. It is usually a coloured syrup with a sweet taste, used to treat fever and pain. It was owned by Mark Profad, the president of the company and Paul Knott, his vice president. Calpol also comes in a form containing ibuprofen, marketed under the name Calprofen. 

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/11/calpol-night-diphenhydramine-doubts.html
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 15.10.21 16:17

I think it's more to do with whether it was available in May 07, I read somewhere it was licensed in early May but not available to buy until September.

It was discontinued in 2009.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 15.10.21 16:19

Post deleted by request of the member.

Mod

Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2602

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 15.10.21 16:32

^^^ It is displaying, " sorry we could not find what you were looking for "
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 15.10.21 16:35

It appears all the Links are so old now, that nothing works!
I was about to Delete it, but apparently you cannot once the Post have been replied to.

Admin please remove…sorry.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2602

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 15.10.21 16:38

Thanks @ Silentscope
I can't find where it's written you couldn't buy it until September though.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.21 16:46

The subject of sedation and Calpol have been discussed extensively here on CMOMM over the years.

It would be appreciated if members restrict this thread to general commentary about Gonçalo Amaral's new book and, as requested by Paulo over on his new thread, not to enter into lengthy discussion about specific topics - like Calpol!

Give me a moment to find the best thread for the sedation debate for members to add their comments.

Meanwhile you might like to read this chapter from PeterMac's free e-book..

https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/08/chapter-5-sedation.html

Between this long awaited book and the fantasy novel published by the Olive Press, the forum has gone a bit haywire - not something I like to see.

I ask your cooperation by just giving a little more thought before posting, try to locate the appropriate thread without relying on key words like Amaral/Olive Press/Jon Clarke and just diving in.

Just a little of your time will make my life so much easier.

Cheers!

NB: For information only..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16813-a-tale-of-sedation#416002

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.21 16:56

There isn't one, the subject of sedation and Calpol is all over the place spanning several years.  Thus the importance of keeping the forum in some semblance of order!

We don't want yet another thread to cover the subject, nor do I want to see the reincarnation of old defunct threads, so if members wish to continue discussion please do so here..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t15702-leave-no-stone-unturned#393654

So as not to stymie debate, I will endeavour to post-up a link to subject matter from Dr Amaral's book once presented here or on Paulo's thread, should member's wish to go into further detail. It's important these two threads are not turned into lengthy chit-chat rooms.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.21 17:40

Nytol?

Available in 2007

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/brain-nervous-system/a7969/nytol-one-a-night/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top