The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Mm11

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Mm11

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Regist10

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo?

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo?

Post by worriedmum 29.06.16 20:08

oh yes, I remember this...'and that's when I noticed that Madeleine was there',  (?)(1.01 in the clip)...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo?

Post by MayMuse 29.06.16 20:10

Roxyroo wrote:
MayMuse wrote:https://youtu.be/EOb9RmIcci0

Reading with interest and may comment later on the "photos" 
Jon Corners production of the 2010 video appeal was always a "strange" one.
He is also part of Media City UK "The Landing" and talks ( promotes) passionately on the above video which some may find of interest. 

Admin please remove or move if not appropriate.

Thanku so much for posting this link, as it led me on to a video of the McCann's I have never seen before, laughing and joking away, and Kate revises her version of events yet again!

https://youtu.be/hB8r3XIk4XM
Welcome, that's the one where Kate slips up and says "that's when I found Madeliene there" or words to that effect...and looks at Gerry as if to say "help" ...would that be known as a FREUDian slip?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 29.06.16 20:15

Funny isn't it that Kate always says she remembers that night very well, yet can't answer a single question in the same manner! 
Scripted IMO

Veering a bit off-topic - Moderator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.06.16 20:17

Only thing I have to dsagree about is the hair bead. In the last photo if looks to me like a "bobble" / pink elastic band. In the other photos it looks to me to be hair clips/slides, one a purple/ violet colour, another pink
Thank you. I am only seeking any information, insights and opinions that can get us closer to unravalling the twin mysteries surrounding the Last Photo and now the mystery Make-Up Photo. What is the truth about it? Any reasonab;le opinion or insight is helpful - thank you all for comments so far, back to have a longer look at he comments later.

Another query - how many other photos can anyone remember seeing of Madeleine in a hair bead/pink elastic band, apart from the three photos I posted in the OP?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 29.06.16 20:26

Tony Bennett wrote:What is the blue shape...

bottom right of the Last Photo?

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Zzzzzz12

and top left of the faked Ice Cream Photo  

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Maddie10

Could it be the same object? - they are of very similar colour
I think they are different objects, the first photo is either a plastic blue chair or it could  be part of someones shoulder  in a blue t-shirt. The second one looks like a plastic bag, if you look closely you can see some items inside. IMO

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 29.06.16 20:43

Tony, I've watched the Jon Corner clip with Madeleine and the lolly in it. I can't see the other hand at all-how do we know this is a different picture to the one holding the ice cream cone? Couldn't it just be a cropped version of the cone one?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 29.06.16 21:52

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Zzzzzz12
I think it is very unlikely that this photo was taken in Portugal.
Skirting boards made by wood is not common in Spain, Portugal, Greece ... where the houses are built of stone materials inside and out and the floors are usually clinker.

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Makeup10
She definitely wears something pink if you ask me.

AND, "the make-up photo" can be "the last photo."

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 29.06.16 22:04

Tony Bennett wrote:
kaz wrote:In the 'make up' photo and the 'last ' photo the beads are on the same side of the head but in different positions. They even seem different beads to me but I could be wrong. In the 'ice lolly' photo the bead is on a different side. I know from experience how difficult these beads are to remove from a child's hair and my question is, knowing what a palaver these beads can be,  why would they bother to change their positions on the same day ?  It neither adds or detracts from the overall picture.
Yes, I understand - however, how do we know which way round any of the photos were taken originally?

The Make-Up Photo has appeared both ways on many occasions - on the right, or on the left.

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Madele10
I'm totally confused with that one . Under what circumstances would the image change? Must admit I'm not very scientifically minded.
kaz

Activity : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 30.06.16 4:59

Roxyroo wrote:

He is also part of Media City UK "The Landing" and talks ( promotes) passionately on the above video which some may find of interest. 

Thanku so much for posting this link, as it led me on to a video of the McCann's I have never seen before, laughing and joking away, and Kate revises her version of events yet again!

@Roxyroo In the above clip that you mention, did you notice KM's little slip up about 1.01 "That's when I noticed Madeleine was THERE"?
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 30.06.16 9:26

tinkier wrote:
Roxyroo wrote:

@Roxyroo In the above clip that you mention, did you notice KM's little slip up about 1.01 "That's when I noticed Madeleine was THERE"?

Yes I did notice it, and I think that probably explains ALOT! And great how Sandra really questions her about leaving the twins to raise alarm, but Kate doesn't even answer that! The glasses on table in front of them were a good prop too! 
What if one of T7 pulled up the shutters earlier on? And has never admitted it out of fear of being blamed? They might've simply opened them, as doctors (!), thinking the room was too hot for three little kids. Just a picture that formed in my mind after watching this, my own opinion!x
Sorry! I know this is all off topic!

Roxyroo
Roxyroo

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 30.06.16 10:02

kaz wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
kaz wrote:In the 'make up' photo and the 'last ' photo the beads are on the same side of the head but in different positions. They even seem different beads to me but I could be wrong. In the 'ice lolly' photo the bead is on a different side. I know from experience how difficult these beads are to remove from a child's hair and my question is, knowing what a palaver these beads can be,  why would they bother to change their positions on the same day ?  It neither adds or detracts from the overall picture.
Yes, I understand - however, how do we know which way round any of the photos were taken originally?

The Make-Up Photo has appeared both ways on many occasions - on the right, or on the left.

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Madele10
I'm totally confused with that one . Under what circumstances would the image change? Must admit I'm not very scientifically minded.

This can happen when a picture is copied. And this is why I don't trust these body reading experts who say Kate is lying when recounting story, as they say we look right to retrieve true memories etc, but we do not know if when they've been filmed if it is REALLY true right, as this transposing of left/right can happen on film, as in mirrors etc. Not that I believe a word the McCanns say! And I DO trust the other clues they give off eg Gerry's ear touching etc

Roxyroo
Roxyroo

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 30.06.16 10:08

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 2Q==

It can change like this.

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.06.16 10:16

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 2Q==

It can change like this.
Yes, it is just a reversal of the original image.

Like looking through a slide or a photograph from the back instead of the front.

Therefore the hair bead could have been on the same side in the Last Photo, the Make-Up Photo, and the Ice Lolly Photo.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 30.06.16 10:32

Tony Bennett wrote:
Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 2Q==

It can change like this.

Like looking through a slide or a photograph from the back instead of the front.

Therefore the hair bead could have been on the same side in the Last Photo, the Make-Up Photo, and the Ice Lolly Photo.
I thought this one was the original?

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 30.06.16 16:21

I keep reading that the ice cream photo wasn't supplied by the McCanns;how do we know this and when and where did it first appear?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.06.16 19:06

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

It can change like this.

I thought this one was the original?
The 'original' is no doubt a digital image on someone's (whose?) camera.

It could very easily have been reversed by Jon Corner or others before it was edited into the video/

Yes, you are right, it was the above way round in the video, but not necessarily 'originally'.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.07.16 15:11

During the past two days on the CMOMM Facebook group, a lady on the group by the name of Heather Hopper (helped by one or two others) has made a series of valuable posts on the subject of the Make-Up Photo.

Here, lightly edited for clarity, are her three  main contributions:

-----------

1. The Make-Up Photo certainly wasn't taken at their home in Rothley as we are led to believe, whether by her own hand after raiding her Mother's makeup bag, or by a visiting beautician, unless they have an area/room with rough painted walls like an outside wash house. [NOTE: Another person on the CMOMM group claimed that the 'raiding her mother's makeup bag' had been replaced with a story that the makeup had been applied by a 'visiting beautician', but no-one has yet substantiated that claim.]

2. Well, if Madeleine was 'messing about with Mummy's makeup box it wasn't at their Rothley home as reported, so why lie about the venue, let alone the circumstances?

3. I am not sure if the metal bit on the wall is a thermometer, a some suggest. From my experience of living in Spain we always had the thermometers in a place that was always in the shade, otherwise the mercury would have probably exploded. So if this is in Portugal, as I firmly believe that it is, then it is a shaded area imo. Also, on a 500x enlargement of the picture, Madeleine's pupils are quite large, so not a well lit area, again imo. I personally thought that this bracket was a light and as I think there is a door behind her, a good place to put an n outside light. Regarding the raiding the makeup bag or visiting beautician I believe both these stories to be untrue. The expression of Madeleine's face is totally lacking in any sort of childish pleasure, delight, impishness as a makeup raiding child would have. Her expression, again imo, is flat and without emotion.

---------------

In the light of that, and before we go any further on this thread, can I please ask these five questions.

Are the following now agreed?

1. That we have not heard the truth about the circumstances of the Make-Up Photo?

2. That it is far more likely that this photo was taken in Portugal and not at the McCanns' home?

3. That Madeleine looks the same age on both the Make-Up Photo and the Last Photo?

4. That the hair length of madeleine is near-identical on both photos?

5. That there is absolutely no evidence (apart from what the McCann say about these two photos) which contradicts my hypothesis that the Make-Up Photo and the Last Photo could both have been taken on Sunday 29th April 2007?

Thanks

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.07.16 15:40

Having spent a lot of hours in the past two days with my great niece who is almost the same age as Madeleine was when she disappeared, I can honestly say that the make-up photo of Madeleine still disturbs me. I'm not interested in internet myths/hypotheses because they propound all sorts of nonsense.

I always come back to the very simple avenue of why that unhappy photo was released when there were surely so many other photographs which could have been released of a happy, carefree little girl. That's certainly not the little girl in the make-up photo. She's posing for a camera, looking downwards so the person taking the shot is below her. Madeleine isn't wearing splodged-on make-up that a kid would do - my great niece, today, and she's a clever little girl, can't colour in between the lines of a colouring book let alone put on 'mummy's' make-up with such care as is shown in the photograph of Madeleine.

I shudder at this photograph and it always brings me back to the question of why it was chosen above other photographs and released. It makes no sense to me.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 02.07.16 19:54

It's quite possible they could have been taken on the same day, but we cannot be absolutely certain. 
After studying the photos at length, I have come to the conclusion that Madeleine's hair in the make up photo appears longer than in the holiday shot. If you compare the "fringe" length, it is longer ( just below her eye) in the make up photo and not in the other photos; it is just below her eyebrow. If you tilt your head back you would expect hair to move "upwards" which is why I think this is at a different time. 
Plus someone suggested the black bar type thing on the wall may be a lamp, it looks like a bracket for a hanging basket in my opinion.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 02.07.16 23:25

The floor board picture seems to have been taken in the McCanns' kitchen
The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Article-0-19DB6EFC000005DC-61_306x530

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 02.07.16 23:35

What is the black item on the wall to the left of Madeleines' head?

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 02.07.16 23:38

Yes it certainly looks like the same skirting board ,so would have been taken at home .when I look at the blue eyeshadow ,it appears to be over her cheek also ?joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 02.07.16 23:44

sharonl wrote:The floor board picture seems to have been taken in the McCanns' kitchen
The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 2 Article-0-19DB6EFC000005DC-61_306x530

I would imagine all the skirting boards  in the house will be the same design. Now  why does that dress concern me?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.07.16 23:45

sharonl wrote:What is the black item on the wall to the left of Madeleines' head?

According to a member way back on another thread, it's a thermometre.  How that conclusion was drawn I haven't the foggiest but if it be so, can't say I've ever seen such a fixture on the balcony of tourist accommodation.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.07.16 23:47

joyce1938 wrote:Yes it certainly looks like the same skirting board ,so would have been taken at home .when I look at the blue eyeshadow ,it appears to be over her cheek also ?joyce1938
I can't imagine Kate McCann using blue eyeshadow.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top