The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Mm11

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Mm11

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Regist10

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Empty Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback?

Post by worriedmum 24.06.15 11:52

Just a random aside, but couldn't the 'missing fridge' story be explored using Wayback? Has anyone tried?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Empty Re: Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback?

Post by Joss 24.06.15 13:11

worriedmum wrote:Just a random aside, but couldn't the 'missing fridge' story be explored using Wayback? Has anyone tried?
Was the 'missing fridge' story ever a story in MSM? I didn't think so, but stand corrected if wrong? I don't even know where this story first originated from?
I think G. McC mentioned the fridge disposal in his blog, so i suppose it could be found on WBM if that blog can be accessed there?

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback? Empty Re: Can the 'missing fridge' story be explored using wayback?

Post by HelenMeg 24.06.15 14:50

worriedmum wrote:Just a random aside, but couldn't the 'missing fridge' story be explored using Wayback? Has anyone tried?
good idea. I do remember discussing the fridge - either at 3arguidos or Mirror forum.  I also seem to think it was discussed following one of G's blogs
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 24.06.15 14:52

Cora wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:In another place, 'Resistor' continues to resist:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I still believe, 100%, that the WB machine was correct all along and that a mccann page was correctly captured and indexed on 30 April 2007 at 11:58:03.

I also believe that WB are reluctant to publicly admit that there was no error, because now they understand the consequences that this would have on the biggest, most notorious missing child case in history.

Those consequences are big and scary and now they must realise that they are sitting on absolute dynamite. It would scare the hell out of me. Last week, I hosted an event for the BCS and when somebody turned up to film it, I was absolutely horrified, because I don't like being the focus of any sort of attention. I can't even begin to imagine how the WB people must feel right now.

ETA this reminds me of a post I made on another forum - many, many years ago. A hypothetical situation.

Suppose you knew - for certain - you found absolutely irrefutable evidence of what happened to Madeleine -  100% definitive proof, and nobody else knew about it, just you.

Where would you go with it? Who would you give it to? Who could you actually trust to do the right thing with it? And with you? 

UNQUOTE

Very good hypothesis.   I would give it to Snr Amaral and Richard D. Hall. Certainly not the British police and I never thought that one day I would say that.
I would give the evidence simultaneously to David Cameron, Sir Bernard Howe, Op Grange, Amaral, PJ - the more parties you give it to the less it can be hidden or abused
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 24.06.15 14:59

This deserves its own thread.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 24.06.15 15:25

Putting a face and voice to Isabelle McFaddon...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 24.06.15 15:29

HelenMeg wrote:
good idea. I do remember discussing the fridge - either at 3arguidos or Mirror forum.  I also seem to think it was discussed following one of G's blogs
Just read someone on the other site has already checked.

(quote)
I did try Mo. I was able to find all Gerry`s blogs under [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but having read them all there is no mention of the fridge. I think he must have removed all reference to it before any crawls were done.
I even went on the official find Madeleine site crawls and though some blogs are there they are from about a year after the event.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 24.06.15 15:54

Why did Nejoua Chekeya say that there was a "dinner setting unused" and she "couldn't remember seeing Kate McCann there on the night of Tuesday 1st May. Wasn't this the date that Mrs P Fenn heard a child crying in the McCann apartment?

Snipped from the link  below:

"At around 8.45pm on Tuesday 1st May 2007, Miss Nejoua Chekeya, the Ocean Club’s busty Aerobics Instructor, held a “Quiz Night” and was later invited, allegedly by Gerald McCann, to join his table which she did sometime between 9.30pm and 9.50pm. She did not say how long she had remained with them, but she is not the sort of woman men would wish see to leave too quickly. Miss Chekeya stated that one dinner setting was unused and that she could not remember seeing Kate McCann"

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunnit 24.06.15 17:22

This is from a report about the deleted phone records by Paulo Reis:

"Mrs Fenn, the McCann’s neighbour, reported that Madeleine had cried for her father between 22.30 and 23.45. The evidence shows that Kate McCann was in Apartment 5A 14 minutes before Madeleine started crying. Tuesday 1st May 2007 is the only night (except, of course, for Thursday 3rd May 2007) that either of the McCanns or any of their friends made calls after dinner.
Anonymous
whodunnit

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.06.15 20:50

It was checked and I have tried again today.

Still nothing, except a collective recollection. . . by a great number of people whose recollection is clear, and very precise, and coincides with everyone else's recollection

But since most religions are based on a collective recollection, oral history, folk stories, myths, legends, which one day many centuries later get written down,
and are then translated through at least four languages, usually in identifiable pairs - so that 'false friends' in translation can be identified along the way
Aramaic to Hebrew - Hebrew to Greek,- Greek to Latin,- Latin to very old English, - very old english to 15th C english,- and then to New English,
and then to American by people who may, or may not, be experts in one or both of the languages they are dealing with
perhaps the McCanns should not be too worried about the Fridge passing into folklore

The rest of their LIES were recorded at the time, and many of them they signed as true. Door, window, shutters, curtains, wind, visibility, Last Photo, . . .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.06.15 20:52

Has anyone a definitive conclusion about from which place this fridge supposedly disappeared?

I tried "The Fridge" link in "similar topics", but I gave up on post 1 as it suggests 5A.

Where was the fridge located before it allegedly went missing and got replaced?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.06.15 21:27

Elça Craig wrote:Has anyone a definitive conclusion about from which place this fridge supposedly disappeared?

I tried "The Fridge" link in "similar topics", but I gave up on post 1 as it suggests 5A.

What seems  like a lifetime ago,when I sent my pension to help with the search forMadeleine and  was a member of the first forum  to support the parents with nightly prayers for  the religious and meditation for the nonreligious Gerry posted on his blog. It was   quickly brought to the forum for us to read/gloat upon.
I  read that blog.
This  is an   interesting read,

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.06.15 22:23

Nina wrote:
Elça Craig wrote:Has anyone a definitive conclusion about from which place this fridge supposedly disappeared?

What seems  like a lifetime ago,when I sent my pension to help with the search forMadeleine and  was a member of the first forum  to support the parents with nightly prayers for  the religious and meditation for the nonreligious Gerry posted on his blog. It was   quickly brought to the forum for us to read/gloat upon.
I  read that blog.

Thank you for this, Nina.

Shortly after the car was hired.  That would make it 4G rather than 27 Rua das Flores.

To the dump.  There was only one dump at the time, and idea of Gerry taking a fridge to it after around 3 or 4 weeks poses some very interesting challenges.

First off, it is weird.  With a white goods machine, one buys a new one, then pays a fee (say €10) to have the old one taken away and decommissioned.

With a fridge that means draining the refrigerant.  Remember all those news stories about fridge mountains because the disposal sites could not keep up?

Please note, I do NOT know if Portugal was working to that system in 2007.  If I can be bothered, I will need to check.

So why did someone at the dump not realise, 3 or 4 weeks after Madeleine disappeared, that it was Gerry waltzing up with a dodgy fridge?

Let me assume he simply dumped it, rather than took it to the dump.  There is evidence that councils still sometimes used prior dump sites, as interim storage, rather than heading to the one official dump.  So I can't say he did not dump a fridge.  There's lots of barragems around, probably with a sunken fridge or two in them.

Second, did he replace a fridge?  That would involve buying a fridge and having it delivered to 4G, (and fitted but that is trivial for a fridge, so let's move on).  Does no-one remember that a fridge was purchased, and that this was for 4G?  Whether the purchaser was Gerry or the flat owner is hardly relevant.  4G was the hottest address on the planet.  Surely the person delivering must have thought 'hang on a mo, isn't that Gerry McCann?'

Third, the logistics.  Gerry had to sneak the fridge out of 4G.  Thankfully, block 4 has lifts, so the stairs were not necessary.  The Renault Scenic should have been big enough for a fridge.  Then, presumably, off into the night to avoid the media, to the illegal dump or the barragem.

I am not feeling this.  By the way, if you plug in 27 Rua das Flores instead of 4G, the basic challenges are unchanged.

Just to make clear, I am NOT having a pop at Nina.  I am grateful for the link.  I am simply not impressed by the missing fridge theory.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.06.15 22:33

Elça Craig wrote:
Nina wrote:

I  read that blog.

Thank you for this, Nina.

Shortly after the car was hired.  That would make it 4G rather than 27 Rua das Flores.

To the dump.  There was only one dump at the time, and idea of Gerry taking a fridge to it after around 3 or 4 weeks poses some very interesting challenges.

First off, it is weird.  With a white goods machine, one buys a new one, then pays a fee (say €10) to have the old one taken away and decommissioned.

With a fridge that means draining the refrigerant.  Remember all those news stories about fridge mountains because the disposal sites could not keep up?

Please note, I do NOT know if Portugal was working to that system in 2007.  If I can be bothered, I will need to check.

So why did someone at the dump not realise, 3 or 4 weeks after Madeleine disappeared, that it was Gerry waltzing up with a dodgy fridge?

Let me assume he simply dumped it, rather than took it to the dump.  There is evidence that councils still sometimes used prior dump sites, as interim storage, rather than heading to the one official dump.  So I can't say he did not dump a fridge.  There's lots of barragems around, probably with a sunken fridge or two in them.

Second, did he replace a fridge?  That would involve buying a fridge and having it delivered to 4G, (and fitted but that is trivial for a fridge, so let's move on).  Does no-one remember that a fridge was purchased, and that this was for 4G?  Whether the purchaser was Gerry or the flat owner is hardly relevant.  4G was the hottest address on the planet.  Surely the person delivering must have thought 'hang on a mo, isn't that Gerry McCann?'

Third, the logistics.  Gerry had to sneak the fridge out of 4G.  Thankfully, block 4 has lifts, so the stairs were not necessary.  The Renault Scenic should have been big enough for a fridge.  Then, presumably, off into the night to avoid the media, to the illegal dump or the barragem.

I am not feeling this.  By the way, if you plug in 27 Rua das Flores instead of 4G, the basic challenges are unchanged.

Just to make clear, I am NOT having a pop at Nina.  I am grateful for the link.  I am simply not impressed by the missing fridge theory.
friends It's ok I was there on the forum and read it along with others. Gerry said he was recognized by a chap who offered help. I was new to the internet and just read, and wept, and searched where we lived and posted posters.
I was so angry with the parents, so angry, but decided that my anger wouldn't help Madeleine,so wore my wristband and copied posters and pasted them over the area we lived in inSpain.
Had one in the back window of our car, that was scribbled on with black marker pen.
Been there and wore the wrist band.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 24.06.15 22:49

Nina, what a journey you have had sad
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.06.15 22:50

In this link it is thought that it was the fridge from their holiday apartment that was disposed of.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunnit 24.06.15 23:34

The shower curtain was also missing from 5A?
Anonymous
whodunnit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 25.06.15 1:15

whodunnit wrote:The shower curtain was also missing from 5A?

.... along with a pink blanket? A blue bag? Madeleine McCann. And her parents' conscience.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunnit 25.06.15 4:07

I knew about the blanket and the bag but had somehow missed the shower curtain. 

If the whole thing weren't so tragic it would be hilarious.  a mystery novel would get laughed off the shelves for employing such transparent clues to a such a simple-minded solution. Only a massive effort on the part of many could save the dreadful villains of this piece.
Anonymous
whodunnit

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.06.15 8:02

Do we know when the shower curtain disappeared / was reported whooshed ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 25.06.15 11:43

PeterMac wrote:Do we know when the shower curtain disappeared / was reported whooshed ?
THE MISSING SHOWER CURTAIN MENTIONED. HERE……….Maddie DNA clue in airport bag [color:f97d=000000]News of the World

Traces found on fleece and stained jeans

By Dominic Herbert

A BAG of clothes containing DNA linked to Madeleine McCann has been found dumped by a road in Portugal. The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, the News of the World can reveal.

Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have learned the bag contained a blue fleece jacket and a pair of adult jeans with traces of DNA that contained "moderate" links to the missing four-year-old. There was also a SHOWER CURTAIN inside.

News of the find came as it emerged police hunting for the youngster have asked the Mafia to help. Crime godfathers in Morocco—where there have been several alleged sightings of Maddie—have been told cops will scale back drug busts if they do.

Meanwhile, the bag, found by a passer-by, was sent to a UK lab in Birmingham for forensic tests. A leaked report showed experts concluded the clothes contained bodily fluid and traces of hair that could have come from Maddie.

Skin

Other items recovered from the bag included a white flannel, a green elastic band, a light green child's T-shirt with a green flower on the front and a pink and blue pencil case with a pink heart motif. A source said: "The bag could be crucial.

"The DNA isn't an exact match to Maddie's, but it does link. It is the first clue found outside the apartment complex and could provide a trail."

The report—which was handed to detectives ten days ago—was obtained by the News of the World from Portuguese police sources. The jeans contained more than 60 different stains.

The report concluded: "The blue fleece and jeans were found to contain traces of congealed skin and hair. They were found to contain DNA characteristics that could be attributed to Madeleine McCann." No traces of Maddie's DNA were found on any of the other items.
ETA......http://www.mccannfiles.com/id26.html
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top