The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Mm11

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Mm11

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Regist10

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Empty Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by tasprin 07.07.14 16:18

Trying to harass him perhaps?

Kate and Gerry McCann Risk Fresh Libel Trial Delay Because Goncalo Amaral Lawyer 'Doesn't Use Email or Phone'
By  Dominic Gover                                                                                                             
July 7, 2014

• Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Jerry-r-kate-mccann-prepare-mark-11th-birthday-missing-daughter-madeleine 

Kate and Gerry McCann are fearful about going to Lisbon for a libel trial because of more bizarre behaviour from Goncalo Amaral.

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann fear yet more heartache when they arrive in Portugal tomorrow (Tuesday) for the often-adjourned case.
The last time they went to Lisbon the proceedings were postponed at the last minute when Amaral dismissed his lawyer inside the court, leaving Kate and Gerry fuming outside. But they remain hopeful of winning the defamation case against Amaral over his claim in a banned book that Madeleine died in an accident in 2007 and they subsequently hid the body.

Amaral's unorthodox tactics in his defence have not stopped, with Madeleine's family being told his new lawyer cannot be contacted because he doesn't use 'phone or email.'

Being unable to contact the other party hampers efforts to prepare for the case.

A source close to Madeleine's parents said: "Kate and Gerry have been told Mr Amaral has appointed a new lawyer but he doesn't use email or phone. How he can operate like this in the modern era is beyond belief.

"They wouldn't be surprised if Mr Amaral pulls another stunt to try and stall the case yet again."
Despite the risk of being stood up in court again, the McCanns do intend to travel to Lisbon for the hearing on Tuesday.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell added: "Kate and Gerry are planning to attend court on Tuesday as required by the judge.
"They believe they have a very strong case against Mr Amaral and they expect to win their claim."
The McCanns are suing Amaral for libel over his book 'The Truth of the Lie,' which is banned from publication in Britain because of its incendiary claim that Kate and Gerry know what happened to Madeleine.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kate-gerry-mccann-risk-fresh-libel-trial-delay-because-goncalo-amaral-lawyer-doesnt-use-email-1455667
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Empty Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Cristobell 07.07.14 16:23

I'm afraid I had a little giggle about Amaral's new lawyer not using the phone or email, and I feel bad about it Sad but Goncalo does seem to be using a few tricks of his own.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour' Empty Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Justformaddie 07.07.14 16:26

Cristobell wrote:I'm afraid I had a little giggle about Amaral's new lawyer not using the phone or email, and I feel bad about it Sad but Goncalo does seem to be using a few tricks of his own.
Someone said on another thread, don't phone me, don't write to me I'll see you in court lol I thought it was brilliant!

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 07.07.14 16:27

Cristobell wrote:I'm afraid I had a little giggle about Amaral's new lawyer not using the phone or email, and I feel bad about it Sad but Goncalo does seem to be using a few tricks of his own.
I had a giggle too,i think someone is winding Mitchell up big grin or mitchels spreading rumours as of old
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.14 16:33

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell added: "Kate and Gerry are planning to attend court on Tuesday as required by the judge.

That is interesting in my bold, as I thought Isabel Duarte always said they didn't have to attend  wow
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.07.14 16:34

Why are the McCanns trying to contact Dr Amaral's lawyer anyway ?
Another attempt to pervert the course , come to an agreement.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam S 07.07.14 16:34

Some people don't use phones or emails, others don't use free babysitters to watch kids before going out drinking every night...its a strange old world i suppose. spin
Sam S
Sam S

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 07.07.14 16:36

PeterMac wrote:Why are the McCanns trying to contact Dr Amaral's lawyer anyway ?
I wondered why they wanted to contact him too but apparently its because "Being unable to contact the other party hampers efforts to prepare for the case.", which is strange because I thought the case was all but over
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 07.07.14 16:45

Sam S wrote:Some people don't use phones or emails, others don't use free babysitters to watch kids before going out drinking every night...its a strange old world i suppose. spin
heheheh! The irony, so true! Go Goncalo!

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 07.07.14 16:48

PeterMac wrote:Why are the McCanns trying to contact Dr Amaral's lawyer anyway ?

Agree. There's nothing more to say is there, so why would the McCanns need to contact Amaral's lawyer?  Perhaps his lawyer is wily and knows how to avoid being bombarded with harassing calls and emails from Isabel Duarte/Team McCann.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.07.14 16:48

AndyB wrote:
I wondered why they wanted to contact him too but apparently its because "Being unable to contact the other party hampers efforts to prepare for the case.", which is strange because I thought the case was all but over

Well quite. Gerry was to be given his moment of glory, being allowed to say anything he wanted without fear of a question, and then the judge was to retire to consider her judgment.
Unless Dr Amaral IS going to be allowed a question or two . . .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 07.07.14 16:52

AndyB wrote:

"Being unable to contact the other party hampers efforts to prepare for the case.", 

I'm surprised they didn't say "It hampers the search"
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 07.07.14 16:55

Could this bizarre behaviour include not giving a monkeys any more by saying whatever he likes in interviews and successfully getting the Mc's to make arses out of themselves outside the courthouse for all the world to see?  What was it Kate said again about arranging childcare ....
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 07.07.14 17:05

There is no 'case' to prepare.

SY/MET have done all they 'can' to 'aid' their 'clients'

The 'case' is over, other than personal 'statements', and lawyers 'summaries'

That's it!

The Court is 'prepared'

The Judge is 'prepared'

Lison has 'prepared itself' for the arrival of the 'heroes', tomorrow, be it GA or McCanns!

AND even the PJ might be 'prepared' to 'act'.  winkwink winkwink
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.14 17:07

It will also dramatically cut down the cost of his lawyer's fees, without emails to answer and phone calls to take every 10 minutes.
Way to go GA! 
Why didn't I think of that one?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame 07.07.14 17:17

I think GA has won a lot of sympathy and support by playing everything straight and acting with a great deal of dignity and constraint. So, although I would love to see the Mcs noses rubbed in it even more, I hope nothing happens that could enable the British press to stick a "mad, vindictive cop" label on him. Having said that, I can't but help but smile at the sheer chutzpah of claiming your lawyer has no phone or e-mail.
endgame
endgame

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 07.07.14 17:17

Justformaddie wrote:
Someone said on another thread, don't phone me, don't write to me I'll see you in court lol I thought it was brilliant!
I once worked for a consultant who was being chased without cause by a subconsultant for fees that we as consultants were unable to get from the ultimate client. I was responsible for the handling the matter. I appraised my boss who had come over from the USA of the situation. He told me 'The next time that guy phones tell him not to phone this number any more but to phone XXX (another number) where there will be a lawyer on the end of the phone'. In due course I had the delicious pleasure of passing on the message word for word. [It duly went to court and we won.]
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 07.07.14 17:21

Whoever told the Pink One, whatever the dastardly Amaral may do next, the McCanns will attend court tomorrow. If they don't, the judge may decide that they've had their chance to make statements in court and - OK, not important I know - they'll lose their £1M prize. Perish the thought.

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 07.07.14 17:23

Abit like the tapas strangeness with no phones or watches. Takes all sorts
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 07.07.14 17:37

Maybe Goncalo Amaral's lawyer doesn't want to listen to Kates whiney voice, she was furious that the case was postponed so I could imagine her bombarding the lawyer with demands that they give them the money you f****** tossers.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 07.07.14 17:39

A source close to Madeleine's parents said: "Kate and Gerry have been told Mr Amaral has appointed a new lawyer but he doesn't use email or phone. How he can operate like this in the modern era is beyond belief.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plain speak.

One or other 'residents' at Rothley Towers.

"you fcuking told me GCHQ could and would intercept ANYTHING that 'muncher' would be saying or planning"

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 07.07.14 17:54

noddy100 wrote:Abit like the tapas strangeness with no phones or watches. Takes all sorts

Yes, Noddy smilie Bizarre behaviour;

[Clarence] Mitchell said he was not surprised by the inconsistencies in the initial accounts. 'You had nine people in a bar without watches on, without mobile phones"  http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/06/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.14 17:59

tasprin wrote:
noddy100 wrote:Abit like the tapas strangeness with no phones or watches. Takes all sorts

[Clarence] Mitchell said he was not surprised by the inconsistencies in the initial accounts. 'You had nine people in a bar without watches on, without mobile phones"  http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/06/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime

How that person can tell porkies with impunity really is beyond me!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 07.07.14 17:59

tasprin wrote:

Yeh,and I come up on a banana boat Mitchell,what a  prat
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 07.07.14 18:13

'You had nine people in a bar without watches on, without mobile phones"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"How THEY could operate like that in the modern era is beyond belief".  laughat laughat 
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top