The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Mm11

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Mm11

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Regist10

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Empty Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but..

Post by Gillyspot 25.07.11 20:46

If Kevin Halligen only worked for the McCanns for 6 months how come

"The revelations will dismay everyone who donated to the Find Madeleine Fund. But perhaps of most concern is the lack of attention paid to the hundreds of phone calls received by the Madeleine hotline.

Halligen and Oakley International, based in Washington, failed to listen to a single call received on the hotline set up for potential informants by Kate and Gerry McCann last year.
Johan Selle, the director of operations at iJet, the US firm that managed the Find Madeleine phone line, revealed that for a year nobody even asked his company if they could listen to any of the calls received.
Mr Selle said his operators, in Annapolis, Virginia, had answered 'hundreds of calls', but the information seemed wasted - possibly squandering valuable leads.
He said: 'We delivered Oakley a report with a summary of the calls and said if they wanted to come back they could listen to the recording, but nobody did.
'For someone with an understanding of the case it would be very easy for some to say that maybe 80 or 90 per cent of the calls were hogwash, but there may be a percentage where one would say maybe we should listen to this one or listen to that one. But our understanding is that this never took place.
'We are not sure whether Halligen provided our report to the family or to the trust or to those working with them or to the teams working after him, because no one came back to us.
'We sent the report to Oakley group and our assumption was that they were using it as a piece in the puzzle. But it appears that wasn't the case.'
The firm says it was not paid for it services by Halligen or Oakley International.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231757/Madeleine-McCann-investigator-didnt-listen-ANY-tip-offs-given-hotline--squandered-500-000.html#ixzz1T9FMrBJn
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Empty Re: Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but..

Post by lj 25.07.11 22:44

So even the McCanns did not ask then.

No surprise there, they were never interested in finding Madeleine.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Empty Re: Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but..

Post by Guest 20.02.12 22:38

Kevin Halligen in court tomorrow......

@Anthillmob74 Halligen in court tomorrow (yet again) for some reason this does tend to cause an uneasy silence #mccann
13m
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 20.02.12 22:44

I think it is actually on Wednesday 22nd in Supreme Court no 2 at 10.30.

Have a look at the link

https://twitter.com/#!/ElementaryForce/status/171696659829497856/photo/1/large

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.02.12 22:48

I got it from this on mccannfiles...

Kevin Halligen & The Fund - 2010-2012

Kevin Halligen was ordered to be extradited to the USA by the Home Secretary on 22nd December 2010.

On 21 June 2011, his Appeal against that decision was rejected by the High Court as he, through his solicitors, did not submit a correct notice of appeal in time.

The Appeal will now be heard by the Supreme Court on 21 February 2012. [Information as of 11 January 2012]

See also: Kevin Halligen & The Fund - 2008/2009

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 21.02.12 6:30

Sorry Candyfloss, Halligen's case starts today & continues tomorrow.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/visiting/sittings.html

Here is a bit about Halligen's barrister

http://www.2bedfordrow.co.uk/david_patience_member/109

It is is first case on his own & not part of a team

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.02.12 6:45

Says it all really. Which normal person pays PI exorbitant money and not check their work or that they perform properly.

I suspect it may not be Kevin Halligen's fault here.
. Although it was reported he was contracted at a certain price for a certain period no one knows whether the client renege on the original deal or not? Maybe he was paid initial payment to make it seems the mccanns were searching but in actual fact after they got him, whom they regard as high profile enough, to front for them then the deal was not seen through in entirety.

If the total sum of a few hundred thousands were paid to him and he delivers zilch, why did the mccanns not take him to court to recover their money? Unless Kevin Halligen enlightens people no one knows what transpired or what happened to the arrangement.

I cant see how UK can deny USA the extradition and still hope to retain the mutual treaty, but you never know what bureaucrats can be up to.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.02.12 9:57

Just a reminder as Kevin Halligen in court today.............

Maddie PI was 'conman'

CAROLINE GRANT

Published: 22 Nov 2009

A CONMAN thought to have pocketed £300,000 from the Madeleine McCann fund has disappeared and is being hunted by the FBI, reports say.

Security expert Kevin Halligen was brought in on a £500,000 contract to help find the missing girl, but apparently failed to pay the investigators he hired.

He has since vanished and is on the run from the US authorities in connection with a separate £1million fraud probe.

The talented trickster has pretended to be a secret agent in the past and is even said to have faked his own wedding two years ago.

Halligen's private detective company Oakley International, which is based in Washington DC, was called in by the Find Madeleine Fund a year after the three-year-old's disappearance.

But teams of investigators he hired claim they have found it difficult to get the money owed to them by the businessman.

Henri Exton, a former national head of undercover operations for the British police, is owed more than £100,000, according to reports.

Halligen had promised Kate and Gerry McCann that he would monitor the phone hotline, sift through CCTV footage of possible sightings and carry out investigative work.

He met with the couple several times and even visited their home.

However, while he was being paid by the fund he was reportedly living a life of luxury, splashing out on first-class flights, chauffeur-driven cars an pricey hotels.

When the contract was not renewed in October last year, the 50-year-old left his offices his Washington and never returned.

He had a holiday in Rome and was last seen at the Royal Crescent hotel in Bath staying under and assumed name.

Last week the US justice department issued an indictment on behalf of the FBI seeking his arrest in connection with a £1.2million fraud.

It is claimed Halligen bought a £1million mansion with the money he allegedly defrauded from Dutch firm Trafigura, the company accused of dumping toxic waste in Africa. He was meant to be lobbying for the release of two executives from the company who were arrested in the Ivory Coast.

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said: "Oakley International was contracted to help with the search for Madeleine. Due diligence was carried out at every stage and payment was only made for work properly carried out.

"It was only towards the end of the six-month contract that question marks were raised about delivery in some areas and the contract was terminated."

In 2007 Halligen "married" a Washington lawyer in an extravagant ceremony. He told his bride that his spy masters would not allow him to use his real name on the wedding documents. In fact he was already married and the priest conducting the ceremony was an actor.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2741049/Maddie-PI-was-conman.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.02.12 14:10

aiyoyo wrote:Says it all really. Which normal person pays PI exorbitant money and not check their work or that they perform properly.

I suspect it may not be Kevin Halligen's fault here.
. Although it was reported he was contracted at a certain price for a certain period no one knows whether the client renege on the original deal or not? Maybe he was paid initial payment to make it seems the mccanns were searching but in actual fact after they got him, whom they regard as high profile enough, to front for them then the deal was not seen through in entirety.

If the total sum of a few hundred thousands were paid to him and he delivers zilch, why did the mccanns not take him to court to recover their money? Unless Kevin Halligen enlightens people no one knows what transpired or what happened to the arrangement.

I cant see how UK can deny USA the extradition and still hope to retain the mutual treaty, but you never know what bureaucrats can be up to.

Extraordinary!
Didn't the fund claim that 500.000 was paid to Metodo3 as well? With KH that takes care of the first million. Careless, I'd say.
This case is so colorful, why doesn't it merit more headlines in the DM and such? Well, for a start a lot of that money came from pensioners and schoolchildren - it might dry up the donations if the public realize how carelessly it was handled.
I think, just like Metodo3 - he didn't get anything like that money - seems like a serial con artist to me.
Isn't he the one with the ghastly pin stripe 'gangster' suit? Was it BK who found this treasure for them, just like Metodo3? (must look this up because I'm not sure about this).

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.02.12 14:16

tigger wrote:
Didn't the fund claim that 500.000 was paid to Metodo3 as well? With KH that takes care of the first million. Careless, I'd say.
SNIPPED
Always assuming that M3 and Halligen actually spent the money. That is an assumption. Rather like a working hypothesis.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16631

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.02.12 15:47

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said: "Oakley International was contracted to help with the search for Madeleine. Due diligence was carried out at every stage and payment was only made for work properly carried out.

"It was only towards the end of the six-month contract that question marks were raised about delivery in some areas and the contract was terminated."

does this mean that due diligence was carried out every 6 months? because the big question marks should have been raised a lot sooner. how can it be due diligence to want a 6 month update when it was about the search for a missing child?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.02.12 16:06

Quite RD, If I was paying such outlandish sums to a detective, I'd expect at least weekly updates and more. I'd want to see the number of calls and content of the calls - I'd expect to see emails which might be relevant. So on and so forth.
Only after six months and an alleged 500.000 pounds (which I do not believe) did his lack of effort come to light?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.02.12 16:12

seems that way from CM statement. You probably would be optimistic to expect a result in 6 months.....but you would surely want to know the rate of calls, the nature of them, how they were being prioritised and followed up, and if not why not.
very bizarre and I wonder what donors to the fund would think of that laxity given the urgency of the press conferences. makes my blood boil like so much about this affair.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Kevin Halligen worked for McCanns for 6 months only but.. Empty p.s.

Post by russiandoll 21.02.12 16:18

yes and not mainly because you had paid an exorbitant amount to a detective......mainly because you were desperate to hear what was going on due to your beloved child having vanished into thin air. you would be driving the detective crazy with your constant desire for information, I would have thought.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.02.12 7:50

russiandoll wrote: yes and not mainly because you had paid an exorbitant amount to a detective......mainly because you were desperate to hear what was going on due to your beloved child having vanished into thin air. you would be driving the detective crazy with your constant desire for information, I would have thought.
Indeed so. People who have had their cars stolen ring the CID office every day or so asking for an update.
But this was only a missing child, so I suppose that is different. You just let the police and your own detectives get on with it, and go for a run.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16631

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.02.12 8:03

PeterMac wrote:
russiandoll wrote: yes and not mainly because you had paid an exorbitant amount to a detective......mainly because you were desperate to hear what was going on due to your beloved child having vanished into thin air. you would be driving the detective crazy with your constant desire for information, I would have thought.
Indeed so. People who have had their cars stolen ring the CID office every day or so asking for an update.
But this was only a missing child, so I suppose that is different. You just let the police and your own detectives get on with it, and go for a run.

For a 50,000 fee I'd have wanted, expected and demanded daily updates.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13412

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top