The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time  - Page 3 Mm11

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time  - Page 3 Mm11

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time  - Page 3 Regist10

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time  - Page 3 Empty Re: Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time

Post by plebgate 06.12.16 9:31

Peter Hyatt did say that anyone can disagree with his opinion.  Quite why some posters have to use such words as balderdash I have no idea.   Big businesses don't seem to see this sort of analysis as balderdash or they wouldn't use his services.  He also states that he has trained police personnel in these techniques.

Peter Hyatt gave an example of toothbrushes POSSIBLY being an indictator of some sort of abuse.  He went on to say that this would not necessarily hold in every case, so why anyone would post that it is voodooish and that Hobbs' last post was almost incoherent, I do not know as I could make sense of what she was saying.

Peter Hyatt has gone on camera and stated quite clearly his beliefs from his analysis of the Australian interview.

It will be very interesting to me to see if any legal action is taken against him.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time  - Page 3 Empty Re: Peter Hyatt releases statement tonight (Sunday 27 Nov 2016) about his NEXT analysis of the Madeleine McCann case >> coming in a few days' time

Post by Cmaryholmes 06.12.16 10:09

Peter Hyatt's analysis is extremely interesting and perceptive. The point about distancing is very noticeable in all the McCann interviews....e.g., 'you get strength from somewhere'....'you' ...not 'we'. However.......in my inexpert opinion, wouldn't emphasis on doors and windows be expected in statements from someone who was trying to convince listeners about an abduction scenario? To link references to doors and windows in this case to child abuse is speculation.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Cadogan 06.12.16 11:21

Tony Bennett wrote:
HKP wrote:@Hobs

Sorry but that's balderdash! Peter mentioned throughout the video that this was only his opinion (not science). The Australian interview answers were given after literally hundreds of interviews appearances etc. The story was in answer to Amaral's theory / accusation and anybody (without any statement analysis training) can hazard a good guess that they were being deceitful (whether that be tone, body language or hesitances). Peter has just concluded the Amaral theory was correct, how convenient for him. As for that transcript being evidence of sexual abuse...that's not evidence it's an interpretation
I think we may be being a little harsh on Hobs and Peter Hyatt here.

Indeed I think we have been indebted to Hobs for many years on CMOMM as she has shared certain principles with us that undoubtedly do hold good. 

For example, 'distancing language', of which we have seen dozens of examples in this case: 'this girl' etc.

People like judges, the police and social workers are formally trained in how to spot liars. Leaving aside body language and facial expressions, eye contact and all of those visual things wich can tell us so much (and also have done in this case), words themselves can also tell us much.

Two common examples are these:

1. Long rambling denials, instead of a simple 'No'. Peter Hyatt would be supported by every statement analyst and expert in lie detection on the planet in analysing: 'No. And that's an emphatic no', and the long rambling answer that follows, in very much the same way as Hyatt has done.

2. When asked about an incident, where a person answers 'I would have done this' instead of 'I did this', this is recognised everywhere as good evidence of not telling the truth.

I would compare the emerging discipline of statement analysis with those of psychiatry and psychology. It is perfectly possible to have psychiatrists and psychologists who DO know what they are talking about, and are true experts. But experts can disagree; look how many court cases there are where expert psychiatrists and psychologists disagree with each other. Is John Smith mentally ill? One says 'Yes', another says 'No'.

Where I am particularly sceptical about Peter Hyatt's analysis, however (and Hobs'), is where he strays into informing us that certain words tell us to be on the look-out for sexual activity or sexual abuse.

Hobs has mentioned that the use of words like 'water' and 'shower' may be indicators that someone is thinking about sex a lot, or referring to sexual activity. Peter Hyatt has now added the concept that the use of words like 'doors' and 'windows' also reveal that someone is referring to sexual activity

I would like to see the evidence for these assertions.

@ Hobs, can you help us here? Can you please point us to any literature at all on the subject, preferably peer-reviewed, where we can read what statement analysts have claimed to have discovered about the use of words like 'water', 'showers', 'doors' and 'windows' and whether they indicate or refer to sexual activity? Thanks.

On that point especially, I share the sceptcism of Verdi and HKP, but am willing to look at any good evidence with an open mind

@ Hobs, can you help us here? Can you please point us to any literature at all on the subject, preferably peer-reviewed, where we can read what statement analysts have claimed to have discovered about the use of words like 'water', 'showers', 'doors' and 'windows' and whether they indicate or refer to sexual activity? Thanks.”

Respectfully.

“…preferably peer-reviewed…“

Why “preferably” (as opposed to simply peer-reviewed)?

Who are the ‘peers’ you have in mind in this instance?

Let’s consider a hypothetical situation.

Let’s say you read a book on haruspication and alchemy both of which the writer insist on referring to as sciences. Being in doubt as to the validity of such writer’s insistence and wishing to overcame your doubts, whose relevant opinions on the matter would you consider as having more weight in you search for a resolution of your doubts , those of the current members of The Royal Society or Thomas Becket’s and Newton’s?

Would you agree that even one link to a legal case in which Statement Analysis is referred to in evidence or the judgement would be most helpful in the circumstances? I think it would.
Tony Cadogan

Activity : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.12.16 12:23

The connotation of water;  hygiene;  lights switched on and off;  doors opening closing;  would be an issue embedded in the sub-conscience of the victim, not the perpetrator.  The victim lives in fear of past experiences of sexual abuse, not the perpetrator.

The Australian interview under examination by Peter Hyatt was with Gerry and Kate McCann, not the victim.  Unless he is implying that one or both parents were victims of abuse at some stage in their lives and subsequently became the perpetrator, then it's pure specualtion not worth a moments consideration when examining this isolated case.

For example - I have a deep rooted love of water.  Not the stagnant type found in ponds and lakes but crystal clear pure water - does that imply that I've been the victim of sexual abuse?  No, I believe it's because I'm an Aquarian or maybe I just like water.  Sorry, I'm being facetious.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.12.16 12:52

Tony Cadogan wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:Tony Bennett wrote:   @ Hobs, can you help us here? Can you please point us to any literature at all on the subject, preferably peer-reviewed, where we can read what statement analysts have claimed to have discovered about the use of words like 'water', 'showers', 'doors' and 'windows' and whether they indicate or refer to sexual activity? Thanks.”

REPLY BY TONY CADOGAN 

Respectfully.

“…preferably peer-reviewed…“

Why “preferably” (as opposed to simply peer-reviewed)?

Who are the ‘peers’ you have in mind in this instance?

Let’s consider a hypothetical situation.

Let’s say you read a book on haruspication and alchemy  both of which the writer insist on referring to as  sciences.  Being in doubt as to the validity of such writer’s insistence and wishing to overcame your doubts, whose relevant opinions on the matter would you consider as having more weight in you search for a resolution of your doubts, those of the current members of The Royal Society or Thomas Becket’s and Newton’s?

REPLY : You have opened up a very big subject - and you're quite right to do so on the current issue of evaluating the expertise of Peter Hyatt.

How does one judge the degree of knowledge and expertise of an expert?

You mention the Royal Society. Presumably as a guarantor of expertise and the ability to peer review scientific subjects.

In general, I would agree with that proposition.

But even here, scientists with an agenda can give false opinions.

Two examples:

Man-made climate change. Most scientists agree that there is currently man-made global warning, i.e. that 'greenhouse gases' like carbon dioxide are making the planet warmer. I disagree, and the reason I disagree is because, having read extensively on the subject, the science tells me that increased warmth CAUSES more carbon dioxide not the other way around.  There are tens of thousands of very well-qualified scientists who can show that other factors are at work; mainly changes in the output of heat and energy from the sun. After all, the other planets having been warning up along with us. The reason why we are being fed junk climate science is because massive amounts of money are poured into those scientists who uphold the 'man-made' view. Why that is the case is yet another matter.  

The same with the theory of evolution.  There is no evidence whatsoever that evolution is true - and a whole swathe of evidence against it. The reason why secular scientists promote it is simple; they have an agenda. They do not want to believe in God - and deny the existence of a Creator who might have designed the universe and all the marvellous things within it. That is why the tens of thousands of well-qualified creation scientists are NEVER peer-reviewed by scientists who belong to the Royal Society. The attitude is simply this: "You believe in God? We will not review your scientific arguments for creation".

I agree it not easy to 'peer review' things like body language interpretations and Statement Analysis. Yet Statement Analysts ARE regularly used in police work. They are used because they give accurate interpretations. But they must be used with caution and AFAIK they are not recognised as expert evidence by any courts.

Take another example: statins. Experts say that taking statins significantly reduces heart disease. Seven million people in Britain take them. My doctor said I should take them. I have refused, because again having read up on the subject, I don't think the scientific evidence is there to support them. Most of the research is produced or funded by the pharmaceutical companies who make them. 

Would you agree that even one link to a legal case in which Statement Analysis is referred to in evidence or the judgement would be most helpful in the circumstances?  I think it would.

REPLY: No I would NOT agree with that because, as I've said, Statement Analysis guides police officers, but is NOT AFAIK ever used in courts. Mind you, juries use Statement Analysis all the time! - and I've been in jury rooms. There is usually at least one juror who will comment on a witness's evidence and point out how s/he is lying. 

What we need from Peter Hyatt, or any other Statement Analyst or body language expert for that matter, is authentic testimonials from police or other agencies who have used his analytical techniques and found them useful. I do not know if he has these on his site or not. If he does, that would be good evidence in his favour

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 06.12.16 14:11

Statement analysis helps determine how people reveal many things based on what they say. Information given can DIRECT/ASSIST officers in their line of questioning. It's an aid, a tool, nothing more nothing less. The FBI wouldn't use it or train officers in it if there was evidence to suggest it was useless!
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 06.12.16 14:28

tinkier wrote:Statement analysis helps determine how people reveal many things based on what they say. Information given can DIRECT/ASSIST officers in their line of questioning. It's an aid, a tool, nothing more nothing less. The FBI wouldn't use it or train officers in it if there was evidence to suggest it was useless!
Such as cadaver and blood dogs, an intelligent tool to assist. All these "intelligences" seemingly ignored in Madeleine's investigation. 
Not very "intelligent" eh?  nah

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.12.16 15:19

I think SA is a useful tool in criminal investigations, but is only one part of an investigation if used, because theory also has to be backed up by evidence to secure a conviction at trial. In cases where a body is not found a circumstantial case can be built on evidence too, but those types of cases are much more difficult to prove.
I think in MBM's case there is some circumstantial evidence if the findings of the blood & cadaver detection dogs were to be admissable in a trial, and among other circumstantial evidence as well, although i don't ever think this case will see a trial, unfortunately.
I have read Peter Hyatt's SA blogsite on numerous cases, and have found them to be interesting reading.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.12.16 15:26

Tony Bennett wrote:
Tony Cadogan wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:How does one judge the degree of knowledge and expertise of an expert?

But even here, scientists with an agenda can give false opinions.

1.  You don't - you take their word for it.

2.  Scentist v. scientist also argue fundemental points of science within their own field of expertise.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.12.16 15:43

The South African businessman slash self appointed scientist, Stephen Birch, also made some pretty wild claims about solving the mystery of MadeleineMcCann's disappearance with a Mala ground penetrating radar machine.  A reminder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQhe05pkcYg

Even he managed to rustle up a few 'international experts' to verify his theory as sound.  It's only ever as good as the expert will have you believe

Another theory bites the dust!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.12.16 15:55

BlueBag wrote:
In my opinion, innocent people can say emphatically "no" and also ramble.
Especially if getting irate when they think they're being implicated or accused of committing a crime.. 

"No!  I did not rob the bank on the high street - when do you think I did it - in my effing lunch break.  Look at the CCTV footage and then tell me I was anywhere near even the High Street let along the bank.  If you must know I was down the pub at that time.."

Been there done it (not bank robbery you understand:).

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 06.12.16 16:03

If I were accused of killing my daughter, I would say more than just 'no' !. It was a stupid question, anyway. He was never going to say 'yes!' was he ?
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 06.12.16 16:12

Verdi wrote:The connotation of water;  hygiene;  lights switched on and off;  doors opening closing;  would be an issue embedded in the sub-conscience of the victim, not the perpetrator.  The victim lives in fear of past experiences of sexual abuse, not the perpetrator.

Yes, agreed.

An angry adult male might possibly have been abused as a child and be dominating and aggressive towards their partner. Just my opinion but, I believe, is one of the signs recognised in psychoanalysis.

It may be the abused partner who uses the `water/hygiene` elements in their speech.
Richard IV
Richard IV

Activity : 825

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 06.12.16 16:44

But the perpetrator might have also been a victim in the past?
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.12.16 17:00

Cmaryholmes wrote:It was a stupid question, anyway.
But was it?

Arguably, it was a great question.

For his answer to it may have revealed more about what really happened than his answers to any other questions he was ever asked.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 06.12.16 20:08

Tony Bennett wrote:
Cmaryholmes wrote:It was a stupid question, anyway.
But was it?

Arguably, it was a great question.

For his answer to it may have revealed more about what really happened than his answers to any other questions he was ever asked.
Good point, Tony
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT 06.12.16 20:58

Verdi wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
Especially if getting irate when they think they're being implicated or accused of committing a crime.. 

"No!  I did not rob the bank on the high street - when do you think I did it - in my effing lunch break.  Look at the CCTV footage and then tell me I was anywhere near even the High Street let along the bank.  If you must know I was down the pub at that time.."

.....are you sure? big grin
    On a serious note, I'm still not convinced that all the various answers mean what Peter says. Although i must admit, when he was asked if he killed his daughter there seemed to be no emotion. I'd have been livid about that question.
JohnyT
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 06.12.16 21:03

I don't think you should forget that an important part of Peter Hyatt's analysis was what was left out-what was not said. So you have both parents describing positions of tables, windows, curtains, darkness, their feelings-but omitting to appeal to the abductor, to share their worries about Madeleine's well-being, etc...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.16 22:09

Peter has been ‘analysing‘ the Australian interview and gave an interpretation, are we to believe that the questions asked during the interview were not known to the McCanns beforehand? For them this would be unusual therefore there‘s a possibility they prepared answers (and still looked well guilty) which voids Peters analyis ( which relies on the answers given when initially asked)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 06.12.16 22:14

You seem a tad keen to de-bunk Peter Hyatt, HKP.

Even if they knew the areas that were to be asked, it is their CHOICE of language in their answers, and what they do NOT say that provides the material for analysis. They are making the choices.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT 06.12.16 22:28

@worriedmum I don't think HKP or anybody else is debunking Peters' analysis....just offering a different opinion/perspective. I'm on the fence with this too.
JohnyT
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.12.16 22:43

Haven't had time to inwardly digest this latest blog entry regarding Peter Hyatt's interpretation of Gerry and Kate McCann's language intrigue but on the surface he appears to be backtracking somewhat..

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Case of Missing Madeleine McCann: Statements 2007

The Case of Missing Madeleine McCann:  Part One 
by Peter Hyatt

This will be a series of analysis articles to answer the question:

"Was the original analysis correct?"

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/the-case-of-missing-madeleine-mccann.html

I'm getting a bit bored with this - feel like I'm being led on a fools errand.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.12.16 22:59

JohnyT wrote:
Verdi wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

.....are you sure? big grin
    On a serious note, I'm still not convinced that all the various answers mean what Peter says. Although i must admit, when he was asked if he killed his daughter there seemed to be no emotion. I'd have been livid about that question.
JohnyT
Can't remember sad .

On the serious note - when was he asked if he killed his daughter?  Was there more than one occasion (can't remember off the top of my head) - in my opinion it would depend on who asked the question and under what circumstances as to how I would respond.  If it was a journalist I would probably squash his nose, if the police I would probably decline to answer.

Any interview the McCanns did on camera was staged - scripted.  The only journalistic interviewer that caught them with their trousers down was Sandra Felgueiras but she was out of reach for the likes of a British media manipulator.  Outside of that, they had free reign to prepare for their performance, therefore any attempt to interpret hidden meaning in their words is futile.  They told a story for media consumption, repeated so frequently you could almost see the lips move before the words came out.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.16 23:27

worriedmum wrote:You seem a tad keen to de-bunk Peter Hyatt, HKP.

Even if they knew the areas that were to be asked, it is their CHOICE of language in their answers, and what they do NOT say that provides the material for analysis. They are making the choices.
I don't believe that statement analysis is a science (Peter's qualification is in bible study) and it's all down to interpretation therefore unreliable. He also seems a bit too interested in selling his courses for my liking.

He himself stated in his blog that you need to have the answer to the question without knowledge of the question and even gives an example where an officer asked the question before Peter did. He claimed the answer was unreliable because it had been asked before so the initial impact was lost. It might be the same case here.

Dance merry led being a we're.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 06.12.16 23:48

After a great deal of thought since first watching Richard Hall's interview, I have a few problems with the conclusions made.
Richard asks Peter Hyatt if he has watched the third video in his Madeleline series, and states there is a school of thought that Madeleine may have died earlier in the holiday.
Peter Hyatt says he didn't watch the video, and there is nothing in the words (in the Australian interview) to indicate this, but he is open to all information.

This point raised by Richard Hall is very critical; Peter Hyatt's focus is on the events of Thursday evening, I don't believe any of these events happened on Thursday, so I'm not surprised he has detected lies in the "statement". It's more likely a complete work of fiction from beginning to end.

I'm not being critical of statement analysis because it's an area I know little about, but I feel this was an opportunity missed due to Peter Hyatt's lack of background knowledge of the case.
If Madeleine did die on the previuos Sunday or Monday, then anything said about brushing teeth, whooshing curtains on Thursday is irrelevant, and he didn't know that because he didn't watch the third video.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top